(PRWEB) October 19, 2012
Elmwood Park, Illinois, hosted a community Health and Fitness Fair this week for local residents. Following the fair, Massage School San Diego, an avid supporter of healthy living and San Diego massage schools, has created a tip guide to help readers better reach their health and fitness goals.
The Parks and Recreation Department in Elmwood Park, Illinois, spearheaded a Health and Fitness Fair at the community recreation center earlier this week. During the fair, residents could receive free blood pressure testing, vision screenings, blood typing, flu shots, posture analysis, body mass index measuring, chair massages and more. Participants could also learn about self-defense, personal training and other fitness activities. Over 200 residents attended the fair, and each received a health pledge card, free T-shirt and a wristband.
In response to Elmwood Park’s Health and Fitness Fair, Massage School San Diego has created a tip guide aimed to help readers achieve their health and fitness goals more successfully:
- Have a plan, and map out physical activities and meals beforehand. Having a plan not only helps people organize and keep track of their activities and dieting, but it holds them accountable if they don’t follow through.
- Consult a doctor first. For people who haven’t worked out in a while or who are overweight, it’s important to consult a physician before upping physical activity or starting a diet.
- Don’t overdo it. New dieters should start slowly with low-impact workouts that increase the heart rate. Eventually, they can move safely into more high-impact activities as endurance increases.
- Choose activities and foods that are enjoyable. The quickest way people burn out on dieting or working out is by doing activities they hate or eating foods they don’t like.
- Make it convenient. When working out or starting a new diet, it’s important to make sure it fits easily and conveniently into an already existing schedule. Otherwise, there will always be an excuse for not following through.
Elmwood Park is a small village located in Chicago, Illinois. It has a population of 25,000 residents and has an area of just under two square miles. It was incorporated in 1914.
Illinois is a state in the Great Lakes region of the Unites States. The state has 12.8 million residents and is home to Chicago, the third largest city in the country. Illinois was the 21st state to join the Union, gaining statehood in 1818.
Following the Health and Fitness Fair in Elmwood Park, Illinois, Massage School San Diego has product a tip guide to help readers reach their fitness and health goals more successfully.
About Massage School San Diego:
A long-standing resource to the San Diego massage education community, MassageSchoolSanDiego.com provides guidance and assistance to incoming massage students, incoming attendees, and the massage schools of San Diego themselves. MSSD is also a purveyor of health news, healthy living tips, and healthy eating advice for man and animal alike. For more information about MSSD, visit http://www.massageschoolsandiego.com/san-diego-massage-schools/