We can’t wait to see the innovation this year brings in products that will help foodservice operators better serve their customers.
Falls Church, Va. (PRWEB) June 23, 2015
The Foodservice Packaging Institute, Inc., and QSR magazine kick off the 2015 Foodservice Packaging Awards competition to honor excellence in foodservice packaging. This year’s contest marks the eighth time the trade association and trade publication have collaborated on these awards.
“We had 125 submissions of cups, platters, lids, bags, utensils, straws and more last time we held the competition in 2013,” said Lynn M. Dyer, president of FPI. “We can’t wait to see the innovation this year brings in products that will help foodservice operators better serve their customers.”
Awards will be given in the following five categories:
- Innovation in Brand Delivery: For innovation in the use of graphics or graphic design elements to create packaging appeal.
- Innovation in Convenience: For innovative features that make packaging easier to use and / or more convenient for the consumer and / or foodservice workers.
- Innovation in Performance: For design innovation that improves product performance.
- Innovation in Sustainability: For sustainable innovation in packaging through environmental, economic and / or social impact.
- The “Wow” Factor: For innovative packaging that best personifies the “Wow” effect when consumers or foodservice operators use or see this packaging.
In addition, the top winners from each category will be eligible to win the coveted “2015 Foodservice Package of the Year” award. Eco-Products last won for its stackable Folia take-out containers made with 100-percent renewable and reclaimed resources, including sugarcane.
A panel of industry experts in design, merchandising, manufacturing and product stewardship will judge the entries. FPI will honor the winners during the association’s Fall Meeting, November 5, 2015, in St. Louis, Missouri. QSR will feature the results in its November 2015 issue.
Foodservice packaging manufacturers, their suppliers, foodservice operators, distributors, public relations firms and others are encouraged to enter the free competition by nominating themselves or others. For more details, and to submit entries online, please go to http://www.qsrmagazine.com/packaging-awards. Deadline for entries is July 31, 2015.
ABOUT FPI: Founded in 1933, the Foodservice Packaging Institute (FPI) is the leading authority for the North American foodservice packaging industry. FPI encourages the responsible use of all foodservice packaging through promotion of its benefits and members’ products. Serving as the voice of the industry to educate and influence stakeholders, FPI provides a legal forum to address the challenges and opportunities facing the foodservice packaging industry. Members include foodservice packaging manufacturers and their raw material and machinery suppliers, restaurants, grocery and convenience stores, distributors and nearly 50 school districts, colleges and universities. Learn more at http://www.fpi.org.