The FlyteBoard flight information display improved our guest service and professionalism.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) May 21, 2015
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown Hotel needed to correct a problem. Its airline crew-room contracts required meeting arriving flights on time and transporting crews back to the hotel for their stay. Easily done. Property staff just needed to be aware of when the appropriate planes arrived. Guests also wanted to know if their departing flights were on time. The property’s issue was with mobile devices and the ‘handheld hypnotism’ we are all familiar with.
FlyteBoard lets front desk staff focus on their guests
“Our property staff continuously used their mobile devices to monitor flight schedules for our crew arrivals. It seemed like our concierges and bell staff were always staring at their handhelds checking flight times, it was not professional,” said Damen Kompanowski, general manager of the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown Hotel. "The FlyteBoard flight information display improved our guest service and professionalism. Now our team has real-time airline arrivals and departures always visible so they can focus on our guests; plus, they are at the arrival curb on time to pick up our airline crews.”
Flyte Systems is the leading provider of cost effective airport travel information displays and content for the hospitality, corporate training centers, digital signage, and convention center industries and related businesses. Click here to request information on Flyte Systems' airport travel and guest information services.
“It is great that FlyteBoard also gives us the time and weather on the same screen. It is visible for staff use and guests can check their flight times,” Kompanowski said. “Our shuttles are on time and our staff can focus on guests without being distracted by their mobile devices.”
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown Hotel is 9 miles from the airport located in the heart of Albuquerque’s newly-developed Uptown Area, surrounded by a number of corporate headquarters. The property offers 295 guest rooms with pillow-top mattresses and plush sheets on Sheraton’s signature Sweet Sleeper bed. Rooms feature a stylish desk complete with an ergonomic chair. Guests power up in the morning with an in-room coffee maker and ready-to-brew Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea.
Scott Triphahn, Flyte Systems’ vice president, said, “We bring the airport to hotel guests and business travelers anywhere, anytime. Guests do not have to rely on handheld apps with possibly out of date flight information at hotels where FlyteBoard and our other displays are used. We smooth and soothe the travel experience for people on the go.”
Flyte Systems provides low-cost, real-time flight information
Flyte Systems offers a suite of products that serve the traveling public: FlyteBoard, FlytePass, FlyteChannel, FlyteTouch, FlytePad with handheld mobile airline information, and FlyteEvents. The company's latest innovation is InfoBoard, which combines airline flight information with total property way-finding, weather, traffic, area attractions, and much more.
- FlyteBoard is a wall, floor, or ceiling mounted high-definition, flat panel screen for lobbies, restaurants, bars, and other public areas. FlyteBoard displays flight information for one or more airports.
- FlytePass combines FlyteTouch with free, secure boarding pass printing. It is available as a standalone unit, or neatly packaged in either an all-wood kiosk or an integrated metal kiosk to match your décor.
- FlyteTouch enables individual guests to search flight information using an interactive touch screen that displays real-time flight arrivals and departures for one or more airports.
- FlyteChannel permits guests to view live airport flight information conveniently and comfortably from their in-room television. Properties may add EventChannel to alternate hotel events and promotions with real-time flight information in the guest room.
- FlytePad is a mobile-ready service that delivers real-time airline information via the iPad. The service enables hotel staff to provide guests with airline information anywhere and anytime.
- FlyteEvents displays user-configurable meetings and events on screens shared with flight information or on its own dedicated screen.
- InfoBoard is a cost effective touch screen display that saves labor, provides greater guest service, and generates revenue with flight information and so much more.
Many hotels and resorts also use Flyte Systems’ applications to increase revenue with innovative marketing approaches for distressed travelers. For tips on how to generate revenue by providing guests with Flyte Systems airline information, please log on to the Flyte Systems website at http://www.flytesystems.com.
About Flyte Systems
The Flyte Systems Division of Industrial Television Services (ITS), based in Chicago, Illinois, is the leading provider of subscription-based, environmentally responsible airport flight information displays for the hospitality, convention center, and digital signage industries and related businesses. It delivers accurate, instant, airport-centric updates of flight information – not just FAA-provided departure times that are based on the planned schedule only and do not update when there is a ground delay. Properties are able to differentiate themselves and boost repeat business with 'glance-and-go' content critical to a traveler’s day. Flyte Systems’ product suite builds upon ITS’s 50-year history as the leading provider of live flight information to airports, airlines, government agencies, port authorities, and other travel-based businesses. Flyte Systems was formed in 2007 to offer web-based travel technology products. Flyte Systems products use Energy Star-compliant digital displays to help significantly reduce energy consumption and eliminate unnecessary trips to the airport. Clients include Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Starwood, Westin, IHG, Days Inn, Hotel Sofitel, independent properties, convention centers, and transportation centers.