San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 20, 2011
Oecoway, an iOS mobile app development company, today announced that its “Friendly for Facebook” iPad app now has more than 3 million active monthly users, who are spending on aggregate more than 1 billion minutes a month browsing Facebook. When the iPad 2 went on sale, new users downloaded copies of Friendly for Facebook, catapulting it to the top of iTunes’ charts as the #1 iPad app downloaded. Dubbed the “unofficial Facebook iPad app,” the popular app fills the gaping hole left by Facebook which has passed on offering an official application for the iPad. In celebration of their milestone, Oecoway also released their latest 3.5 version of Friendly for Facebook, which included support for the iPad 2’s dual cameras, a new photo editor and improved user notifications.
Friendly for Facebook is optimized for the iPad’s unique touch-based interface, so Facebook users have a better browsing experience than if they were to try to use Facebook’s web-based or mobile app versions. With Friendly for Facebook, users can immediately enjoy the enhanced presentation of the text, photos and display, without the need to pinch and zoom such as with Facebook’s mobile app, which has not been optimized for the iPad and provides rather limited displays and a marginal user experience.
iPad users will enjoy Friendly for Facebook’s newest enhancements that take advantage of some of the iPad 2’s new cameras and extend Facebook’s social networking experience.
- New iPad 2 Camera Support: users will enjoy taking pictures with the new iPad 2 cameras, and uploading them directly to their Facebook accounts, or selecting photos to upload from their iPad photo library.
- Profile Picture Editor: easily adjust, crop and zoom in/out with the new Friendly for Facebook profile picture editor simply by touching and moving the photo.
- Photo Effects: enhance profile or other album photos and add a splash of fun with the new 1-Touch Friendly Photo Effects feature.
- Birthday Notifications: never miss friends’ birthdays with Friendly for Facebook’s birthday notifications and birthday listings feature.
- Newsfeed Sharing: now iPad users can share photos, links and videos directly from their live newsfeed using Friendly for Facebook’s improved content sharing features.
- Facebook Chat: easily see when friends are online and initiate chat with them.
Friendly for Facebook is consistently ranked at the top of the iTunes charts both as a free and paid social networking iPad app. It is available as a free download in iTunes here:
“We’re thrilled that more than 3 million people on a monthly basis are actively enjoying Friendly for Facebook and that our app continues to be a number one iTunes download. We actively monitor feedback and incorporate recommendations that our users provide us. Concurrently, we are committed to staying in step with Apple’s enhancements to iPad so that our users are able to take full advantage of the iPad and Facebook experience,” noted Stephane Philipakis, co-founder and president of Oecoway.
Friendly for Facebook also includes features that are not available in the web version or mobile app version of Facebook. Users of the iPad app can check their friends’ latest photos, videos and status updates; upload or download photos and swipe through photos and play slideshows in full screen; and easily switch between multiple accounts with optional PIN code access. Friendly for Facebook users can even customize colors and font sizes.
About Oecoway Inc.
Oecoway is a privately-held company based in Los Angeles, CA. The company is a developer of mobile applications aimed for Apple’s iOS platform. Oecoway has a number of mobile apps optimized for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Its flagship mobile app, “Friendly for Facebook,” is a browser that is optimized for the iPad and has become the most popular and the best selling social media app on iPad. For more information, interested parties may visit http://www.facebook.com/friendly.iPad or http://www.oecoway.com.
Ignite Public Relations
Tel: +1.650.227.3280 ext.1
# # #