People come to Glenwood Springs year round to enjoy our hot springs attractions and relax in the spa environment that permeates our town; but with these springtime specials, now is a prime time to get away to Glenwood Springs
Glenwood Springs, Colo. (PRWEB) March 15, 2012
Spring comes early to the Rocky Mountain town of Glenwood Springs, Colorado, where receding snows, climbing temperatures, budding trees, and best of all, a new crop of seasonal specials welcome visitors to the town USA Today and Rand McNally dubbed America's Most Fun Town. Glenwood’s current lodging packages conveniently and affordably include the town’s top hot springs amenities: Glenwood Hot Springs Pool, Spa of the Rockies and Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves. There’s even a package that includes a tour of the Historic Fairy Caves and more at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, a natural wonder formed eons ago by the region’s geothermal activity.
“People come to Glenwood Springs year round to enjoy our hot springs attractions and relax in the spa environment that permeates our town; but with these springtime specials, now is a prime time to get away to Glenwood Springs,” said Lisa Langer, Vice President of Tourism Marketing for the Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association.
With soothing hot water or cleansing mineral vapor combined with luxurious body treatments, Glenwood’s two hot springs spas help visitors relax and rejuvenate. This spring, refresh body and soul after a long winter with spa specials at Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves and Spa of the Rockies. Enjoy A Day at the Spa package at the Yampah Spa, which includes a massage, a private geothermal mineral bath and all-day Vapor Caves admission for only $115. During April at the Spa of the Rockies, wake up fatigued skin with the Plum Blueberry special. Rich in antioxidants, these treatments will revitalize skin: a private mineral bath, 25-minute body polish, a 25-minute facial or a 25-minute upper body massage, and a spa pedicure for $146.
Many of Glenwood’s spring lodging packages include their own customized spa treatments. Guests can choose from a variety of properties offering packages such as the Hotel Denver, Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge, Glenwood Suites, Quality Inn and Suites, Hotel Glenwood Springs, Caravan Inn, and bed and breakfasts Lavender and Thyme and Best Kept Secret B&B. Featured packages are valid throughout April and May 2012 unless noted otherwise. Glenwood’s spring packages include:
- Stay Swim Spa at Glenwood Suites and Quality Inn and Suites. Book a room at the regular rate and receive two adult passes to Glenwood Hot Springs Pool and an admission discount at the Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves. Valid through May 23.
- Book two nights at the charming Lavender and Thyme Bed and Breakfast and receive four tickets for admission to Glenwood Hot Springs Pool. Rates start at $295 and vary depending on weekday or weekend stays. Valid through May 24.
- Hotel Denver’s A River Runs Through It package includes one night’s accommodation at the historic property and a 50-minute warm stone massage at the award-winning Spa of the Rockies.
- Hotel Denver’s Hot Springs Pool package includes accommodations for one night and two adult passes to Glenwood Hot Springs Pool.
- The Adventure Venture package at the Hotel Glenwood Springs features accommodations for one night and two day passes to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park.
- The Caravan Inn’s Glenwood Caverns package includes a one-night stay and an all-day pass to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. Prices start at $125 per person.
- The Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves package is available through the Caravan Inn and includes accommodations for one night, a day pass to the Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves; a mineral bath; a back, neck and shoulder massage; and a wintergreen wrap. Prices start at $144 per person.
- Also through the Caravan Inn, the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool package includes two nights’ lodging and two days of admission to Glenwood Hot Springs Pool. Prices start at $170 per person.
- The Can’t Go to Cabo package at the newly remodeled Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge offers guests two nights of lodging, unlimited swimming in the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool, two complimentary beach towels, two 50-minute classic Swedish massages, and one goodie-filled beach bag. Valid until April 24, prices start at $271 per person for two nights.
- At Best Kept Secret B&B, guests can enjoy the backyard hot tub, complimentary bicycles for exploring town, an organic breakfast and a souvenir flower bulb to take home.
The warm spring temperatures are conducive to exploring town and the surrounding area by bicycle. Peddle the Rio Grande Trail between Glenwood Springs and Aspen or follow the Colorado River eastward on the Glenwood Canyon Recreation Trail. Visitors can rent bikes at various shops throughout town or even purchase last year’s models at huge savings from Canyon Bikes located in the lower level of the Hotel Colorado. The annual Canyon Bikes sale runs through May or until all the bicycles are sold, with the average price of $230 for a $400 bike.
Make the most of evenings in Glenwood Springs, with at least one night spent at the Glenwood Vaudeville Revue. This two hour family fun show with professional talent performs a variety of hilarious skits, jokes, high energy dance numbers, unique novelty songs and original ideas that keep audiences coming back season after season. Current shows run every Friday and Saturday though April 21, with the summer show opens on May 25.
Like the fleeting season of spring, these specials won’t last long. For more information or to make a reservation for any of these lodging packages, please call 888-4-GLENWOOD (888-445-3696) or visit the Glenwood Springs website.
Glenwood Springs was voted America’s Most Fun Town in the USA Today and Rand McNally Best of the Road competition from a field of over 600 entries.
About Glenwood Springs
Glenwood Springs is located between Aspen and Vail, 165 miles west of Denver or 90 miles east of Grand Junction, on I-70 off Exit 116. For more information about Glenwood Springs, Colorado, call 970-945-6589 or go to http://www.visitglenwood.com/. For lodging reservations, call 888-4-GLENWOOD (888-445-3696). A complete press kit and press releases are available at http://www.visitglenwood.com/press-kit and http://www.visitglenwood.com/press-releases. Access to downloadable photos is available at http://www.visitglenwood.com/photos.
Lisa Langer, Vice President of Tourism Marketing
Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association
lisa (at) glenwoodchamber (dot) com
Vicky Nash, Public Relations Representative
Resort Trends, Inc. – media communications for the travel & tourism industry
Vicky (at) resorttrends (dot) com