“We hope that our efforts with the Senior Rewards Program can help educate and protect our senior clientele against fraud and scams.” - Jeremy Prevost, Greenstar CEO.
Las Vegas, Nevada (PRWEB) December 03, 2015
Greenstar Home Services ‘Green It Up™’ is a leader in sustainable plumbing, HVAC maintenance, and whole home water filtration services for the Orange County, California and Las Vegas, Nevada areas.
The eco-friendly organization has ongoing efforts to protect and honor senior citizens in their service areas with Greenstar’s Senior Rewards Program. The initiative provides exclusive services for senior clientele ages 62 and older.
This Holiday Season, Greenstar releases new tips and advice to help the elderly and their families avoid a Senior Scam.
“Unfortunately, the Holiday Season is a busy time for scammers,” notes Jeremy Prevost, Greenstar CEO. “We hope that our efforts with the Senior Rewards Program can help educate and protect our senior clientele against fraud and scams.”
Tips to Prevent a Holiday Scam from Greenstar Home Services:
- Never wire money over the phone: be wary if a caller asks you to “pay a fee” before receiving your “prize”; this is a popular telephone scam.
- Buy gift cards from reputable stores: it is best to purchase gift cards directly at the store they’re from; ask the cashier to scan and check the balance before leaving.
- Charity check: before donating to a charity, ask how much of the money is allocated to the fundraiser versus the charitable purpose.
- Never give personal information via email: do not “verify” or “update” personal information via email, this could be a scam to steal your identity.
Colin Martodam, Greenstar COO comments “We know that seniors are targets for scams. Greenstar created the Senior Rewards Program to show that we are dedicated to protecting our elderly clientele.”
Greenstar’s Senior Rewards Program includes perks for all senior citizens 62 and older:
- discounts on repairs and replacements
- special family involvement/second person verification
- priority service
- discounted evaluation fee of $29 (normally $89)
Greenstar invites readers, family members, and friends who may benefit from the Senior Rewards Program to call for service.
To learn more on Greenstar Home Services Senior Rewards Program, visit http://www.greenstarhomeservices.com
To view Greenstar’s blog, go to http://www.GreenstarHomeServices.com/blog
About Greenstar Home Services:
Greenstar Home Services provides environmentally conscious residential plumbing and HVAC service, repair and installation, as well as whole home central water filtration within the Orange County and Las Vegas markets. Our licensed technicians are available all hours of the day, seven days a week. With an expansive knowledge of home maintenance, we provide the highest level of service for our clients—and at an honest price.