“Homeowners need to realize the importance of routine maintenance on their HVAC systems to prevent expensive emergency repair.” - Colin Martodam, Greenstar COO.
Las Vegas, Nevada (PRWEB) June 04, 2015
Greenstar Home Services has published new tips on what to look for in a reputable HVAC service company or technician. Greenstar is a leading provider of green and eco-friendly plumbing, heating, and air conditioning services serving the Orange County, California and Las Vegas, Nevada regions.
The organization also highlights the importance of scheduling routine HVAC system maintenance, especially during the extreme summer heat. A routine service check can prevent costly breakdowns and ensure comfort throughout the summer months.
“Regular maintenance of your home’s air conditioning system is a vital step in prolonging and protecting the lifespan of your HVAC equipment,” notes Jeremy Prevost, Greenstar CEO. “We wanted to compose a tip sheet to help homeowners ensure a reputable service technician when they book their maintenance appointment.”
Colin Martodam, Greenstar COO states, “Homeowners need to realize the importance of routine maintenance on their HVAC systems to prevent expensive emergency repair.”
With Martodam’s thoughts in mind, consider the following helpful guidelines for choosing the right HVAC service technician and company.
1. Value: Homeowners today are demanding the greatest value for their hard earned dollars. No one wants the cheapest and yet no one wants the most expensive service. Savvy consumers today want a good value. A company’s price point has to be backed with the value and service to support it.
2. Experience: While an HVAC license and an education are vital to ensure a reputable company, nothing can substitute years of experience.
3. Reviews & References: Homeowners want an HVAC service company that is in good standing with the BBB, as well as the Contractor’s Board. Do not hesitate to request reviews and research the organization online before booking an appointment.
4. Guarantee: If the HVAC technician has faith in his own abilities and work, he’ll gladly guarantee it. And if that work doesn’t live up to his guarantee, he’ll do the work again free of charge.
5. License: Within the states of California and Nevada HVAC technicians must possess a state-issued license to work. This guarantees the technician possesses the necessary education and on-the-job hours to be certified.
6. Insurance: An insured HVAC provider is one who steps up and takes responsibility when things go wrong. Botched work or injuries on the job can happen, and an insured technician makes sure those expenses do not fall on the homeowner.
7. Written estimate: A HVAC provider who refuses to provide an estimate up front is one looking to price-gouge once the work is completed. Always expect a detailed estimate- one that covers costs for parts and labor. Do not move forward with any work or service without an estimate and be wary of a technician who requests more than the regulated amount of money up-front before the work is done.
8. Appearance: Homeowners should expect anyone working in their home to dress and present himself with professionalism. A tidy HVAC service technician suggests someone who does tidy work.
Greenstar is proud of not only meeting but exceeding each of the above guidelines.
To learn more on Greenstar Home Services visit http://www.greenstarhomeservices.com
To view Greenstar’s blog, go to http://www.GreenstarHomeServices.com/blog
About Greenstar Home Services:
Greenstar Home Services provides environmentally conscious residential plumbing and HVAC service, repair and installation, as well as whole home central water filtration within the Orange County and Las Vegas markets. Our licensed technicians are available all hours of the day, seven days a week. With an expansive knowledge of home maintenance, we provide the highest level of service for our clients—and at an honest price.