We will continue to be diligent in implementing energy savings technologies across all our building services product lines, including Bell & Gossett, Goulds Pumps, Flygt and Lowara.
Morton Grove, IL (Vocus) February 3, 2010
The introduction of the ecocirc® pumps and new line of balance valves are part of ITT Bell & Gossett’s ongoing commitment to providing green, energy-savings solutions,
Recognized as the number one General Industrials Company in Newsweek’s 2009 Green Ranking, the magazine said, “ITT produces many products that are highly beneficial to the environment.”
As a global water leader, ITT takes this commitment very seriously, according to Monica Levy, Director of Communications at ITT’s Residential and Commercial Water Business. “Since pumps are the largest single users of energy (a 75hp pump uses $20,000 a year in electricity), we develop systems and services that can help our customers achieve up to 70 percent in energy savings.”
Examples of how ITT helps customers achieve impressive energy savings include:
- Innovative technology such as the ECM (Electronically Commutated Motor) that allows the ecocirc® circulators to use 68 percent less energy
- Introducing products that save customers thousands of gallons of water per year
- ITT’s Technologic® variable speed controls that allow equipment to automatically adjust to process and system changes
- OPTIFLOTM balance valves that assure proper system balance at all time
- Energy Performance Services (EPS) pump system optimization program that helps industrial and commercial customers significantly reduce energy costs
- Initiating energy savings programs at its many manufacturing facilities – such as changing to energy efficient lighting at its Bell & Gossett factory in Morton Grove, Illinois that save $200,000 annually
- Various internal efforts that have reduced Green House Gas emissions every year since 1995
“We will continue to be diligent in implementing energy savings technologies across all our building services product lines, including Bell & Gossett, Goulds Pumps, Flygt and Lowara,” Levy emphasized.
About Bell & Gossett
Bell & Gossett, a brand of ITT Corporation, is a leading manufacturer of centrifugal pumps, circulators, hydronic specialties, heat exchangers, condensate handling equipment, and packaged systems for variable and constant speed pumping, heat transfer and pressure boosting.
About ITT Corporation
ITT Corporation is a high-technology engineering and manufacturing company operating on all seven continents in three vital markets: water and fluids management, global defense and security, and motion and flow control. With a heritage of innovation, ITT partners with its customers to deliver extraordinary solutions that create more livable environments, provide protection and safety and connect our world. Headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., the company generated 2008 sales of $11.7 billion. http://www.itt.com
& Public Relations