(Vocus/PRWEB) March 16, 2011
From solar and wind power to geothermal, the renewables industry has taken center stage in Idaho. The state highlights this surging industry in a new magazine featuring the companies and programs that are creating the growth.
Idaho Business will be used to recruit new business to the state. The Idaho Department of Commerce created the publication to better communicate the state’s strengths in this industry to companies seeking to expand or relocate in Idaho.
- New wind projects, including a $500 million portfolio of turbines primarily owned by GE Corp.
- The state’s use of hydropower, making electricity rates there among the lowest in the nation.
- Two new large solar component manufacturers that have just launched operations.
- A growing focus on geothermal for both direct power creation and downstream uses.
- Biomass projects using stalks and stems of wheat and barley.
The magazine also includes information about activities in this beautiful northwestern state.
Idaho Business can be viewed online at http://www.commerce.idaho.gov/media/media-resources/.
The Department of Commerce will publish a second Idaho Business magazine in the fall that will feature a comprehensive look at Idaho’s top industries.