Woodstock, IL (Vocus) November 25, 2009
Mercy Health System will present a live webinar on LASIK Vision Correction – which can be accessed through an office or home computer and is free to anyone attending.
The webinar is presented by Robert Epstein, MD, board certified ophthalmologist and a pioneer in LASIK surgery. During this live webinar, attendees will learn about the latest procedures available and have an opportunity to ask Dr. Epstein questions.
Attendees of the webinar will receive a certificate for a free in-office consultation and 5% off a LASIK procedure.
Dr. Epstein's notable achievements include:
- First Midwest surgeon and third American performing LASIK (1991).
- One of only five Americans who brought to the U.S.(1983) and successfully practiced the procedure keratomileusis. LASIK is a simplified form of keratomileusis.
- First Midwest surgeon performing surgery for eyeglass freedom (1980)
- First Chicagoland area surgeon performing “no-stitch” cataract surgery
- First Midwest surgeon performing surgery to reverse presbyopia (the middle-age loss of ability to change focus) (1997).
- Third U.S. surgeon performing scleral expansion procedure for presybopia reversal
- First Midwest surgeon performing and co-developer of multifocal LASIK (2003) for freedom from bifocals and reading glasses. Multifocal LASIK is not generally available as of 2006
- Originator of several U.S. patents in eye surgical machine technology including two for increasing LASIK laser safety awarded in 2003 and 2005.
- Longest active U.S. experience in scleral reinforcement for the prevention of blindness due to extreme myopia. (If your prescription is worse than -10, do ask about this one).
- Author of three books involving treatments to attain freedom from glasses, contacts, bifocals.
*Creator, manager of general medical column in the suburban Northwest Herald since 2002.
- Tens of thousands of LASIK procedures and many thousands of other procedures for freedom from glasses, thousands of cataract surgeries.
Registration is available at: http://www.MercyWebinars.com