(PRWEB) February 26, 2013
While finding the best of Las Vegas for cheap is the goal, luckily there are ways of being frugal without being stingy. Restaurant Week in Las Vegas kicks of on March 8th and allows foodies to savor all types of cuisines on and off the Vegas Strip while sending a portion of the proceeds to help fight hunger in Southern Nevada through the Three Square Food Bank. Every month, Three Square helps feed almost 100,000 people, and by dining out at a participating restaurant during Las Vegas Restaurant week, anyone, even Cheapos, can help meet the goal of feeding the 300,000 people in Southern Nevada who need help getting enough food to survive. Each restaurant that participates in the 2013 Las Vegas Restaurant Week from March 8th to March 15th donates $4, $5, or $6 for each meal they sell, and meal prices range from $20.13 to $50.13. What could be better than face stuffing with Las Vegas cheap eats and helping those in need at the same time? Not much, especially when nursing a hangover or curing some drunchies. So, consider eating out (we’re talking about food here, get those minds out of the gutter) from March 8th to March 15th for Restaurant Week in Vegas for some cheap eats and community service at the same time. Here are the CheapoVegas.com picks for the tasty top 5 cheapest Las Vegas restaurants during Restaurant Week 2013:
1. Gordon Ramsay BurGR - Located within the Las Vegas Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, with their 3 course fixed lunch menu, is dishing out $5 to the Three Square Food Bank for each meal sold during Las Vegas Restaurant Week 2013. Since a portion of the proceeds go to charity, there’s no need to feel guilty when shoveling in a choice of burger (Blue burger, Uber Las Vegas Cheese Burger, Euro Burger, Chanterelle Burger, Britannia Burger, Hell’s Kitchen Burger, or Earth Burger) for the first course, and a choice of Fries (plain fries, truffle Parmesan fries, sweet potato fries) or beer battered Maui Onion rings in Las Vegas for the second course. Finish off lunch with a Vegas desert like no other: a delicious Sticky Toffee Pudding Push Pop...if that’s not a happy ending then what is?
2. Hussong’s - For those craving some Las Vegas Mexican food on the Strip, Hussong’s is the best choice for a cheap Las Vegas Mexican restaurant during Restaurant Week 2013. Located within the Shoppes at the Mandalay Bay Las Vegas hotel, Hussong’s will be serving a 3 course lunch for $20.13! The first course includes 3 handmade corn tortillas filled with shredded chicken, hard boiled egg, beans, tomato sauce and pickled red onions, the second course consists of the Enchilada Combo Platter (Chicken with green sauce, steak with red sauce, or seafood with a cream sauce), and the final course is the Crepe (a caramel crepe with fruit and ice cream with walnut and whip cream toppings). With all that food, there will be no trouble soaking up any spring break booze from the night before or drunchies from that morning bloody Mary by the pool. Plus, Hussong’s will donate $4 to Three Square to help fight hunger in Southern Nevada for each meal sold, so don’t feel guilty for all those tasty panuchos or enchiladas that disappeared off the plate. For those Cheapos who are willing to pay a bit more to feed themselves and the hungry, Hussong’s also have a 3 course Las Vegas deal for Restaurant Week at $31 per dinner. It will definitely be worth it for the 2nd course: Seafood Albondigas (meatballs) in a Mexican tomato chipotle sauce with Mexico city style rice!
3. Culinary Dropout - A favorite for its pub grub and funky vibes, Culinary Dropout at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas will be participating in Restaurant Week 2013 for the first time. The 2 course lunch for $20.13 includes a first course of soup or house salad, and a second course of choices between the Italian salad, Gorgonzola chicken salad, the Turkey Pastrami, or the Pub Burger. Though it may be a stretch for those Cheapos out there, if the Vegas budget looks like it can stretch to $30.13, head to Culinary Dropout for their Las Vegas Restaurant Week dinner for a meal nobody's taste buds will forget. The first course consists of “Yesterday's Soup” or the House Salad, the second course comes with a choice of the Fried Chicken, “Ma...The Meatloaf!?!” or Seasonal Cannelloni, and the third course includes Chocolate Toffee Tart or Salted Caramel Custard. Culinary Dropout will be donating $4 to the Three Square Food Bank for each meal sold during Restaurant Week 2013 in Vegas.
4. KGB: Kerry’s Gourmet Burgers - Duking it out as the top spot for a cheap Vegas burger joint during Restaurant Week is KGB: Kerry’s Gourmet Burgers inside Harrah’s Las Vegas hotel. With the three course meal priced at $20.13, KGB will be serving a choice of the K.G.B House Salad or Caesar salad for the first course, and a choice of the Buffalo Chicken Burger or the American Standard burger both with fries for the second course. If those didn't catch an eye, maybe third course of a Cap’N Crunch Milkshake or a spicy Chili Chocolate Milkshake will bring those Cheapos to the yard. For $30.13, have a 3 course dinner at KGB and don’t miss the Casino Boy favorite dessert: Red Velvet Whoopie Pie with Cream cheese frosting...if this is a dream then don’t wake Casino Boy up.
5. Slice of Vegas - Cruise on over to Slice of Vegas inside The Shoppes at Mandalay Bay for some Las Vegas cheap and tasty Italian food. Serving lunch at $20.13 for Restaurant Week in Vegas, Slice of Vegas offers Pasta A Fagioli for the first course, and for the second course they will serve a Sausage and Brocolini Sandwich. Casino Boy never wanted sausage so bad before! Top off that lunch with a Traditional Cannoli for dessert filled with chocolate and ricotta cheese and topped with chocolate sauce, powdered sugar and Pistachios for a meal that the waistline may regret but taste buds won't. Don’t feel too guilty though, Slice of Vegas donates $4 of every meal sold to feeding the hungry in Nevada.
This article was written by Ariel Abbott, Editor of CheapoVegas.com.
CheapoVegas.com is the online authority for all things fun and exciting in Las Vegas... and cheap, too! Hotel promo codes, show packages and tour deals are just a few of the travel aides to be found on CheapoVegas.com.