Positive outlook on automotive industry in Asia Pacific and Latin American countries expected to boost the demand for lubricants over the forecast period.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) May 08, 2014
The global market for lubricants is expected to reach USD 70.32 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. lubricants are widely used in the automotive industry for their benefits and relative lower cost. Hence, the growth of automotive market and industrial production, mainly in the emerging economies of Asia Pacific and Latin America is expected to boost the lubricant demand over the forecast period.
Industrial lubricants emerged as the leading product segment in the global market and accounted for 38.6% of total market volume in 2013. Within industrial lubricants, general industrial oils were the most consumed products which accounted for 33.9% of total market volume in 2013. Industrial lubricants were followed by commercial automotive lubricants and consumer automotive lubricants which together accounted for over 60% of total market volume in 2013. Consumer automotive lubricants are expected to be the fastest growing product segment at an estimated CAGR of 2.61% from 2014 to 2020.
The report “Industrial (Process Oils, General Industrial Oils, Metal Working Fluids, Industrial Engine Oils), Automotive (Heavy-Duty Engine Oils, Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid, Gear Oil, Passenger Vehicle Engine Oils, Automatic Transmission Fluid, Gear Oil) Lubricants Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/lubricants-market
Inquiry Before Buying @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/355
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global lubricant demand was 37.11 million tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 44.22 million tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 2.51% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific emerged as the leading regional market for lubricants and accounted for 40.8% of global market volume consumed in 2013. Asia Pacific along with being the largest market is also expected to be the fastest growing market for lubricants, at an estimated CAGR of 3.49% from 2014 to 2020. Owing to favorable government policies, domestic demand and demographical advantages, APAC has also emerged as the leading lubricant manufacturer on the global scale.
- North America and Europe are fairly mature markets for lubricants and are expected to grow at a relatively sluggish rate over the forecast period.
- Global market for lubricants is highly fragmented with top four companies accounting for just over 40% of the total market in 2013. Some of the leading companies operating in the global market include Royal Dutch Shell, Exxon Mobil Corporation, British Petroleum, Total, Chevron Corporation, Fuchs Lubricants, PetroChina, Sinopec, Valvoline and Idemitsu.
Request Free Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/lubricants-market/request
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the lubricants market on the basis of products and region:
- Global Lubricants Product Outlook (Volume, Million tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Process Oils
• General Industrial Oils
• Metal Working Fluids
• Industrial Engine Oils
• Commercial Automotive
• Heavy-Duty Engine Oils
• Hydraulic & Transmission Fluid
• Gear Oil
• Consumer Automotive
• Passenger Vehicle Engine Oils
• Automatic Transmission Fluid
• Gear Oil
- Lubricants Regional Outlook (Volume, Million tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse All Petrochemicals Market Reports @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/petrochemicals-and-downstream-derivatives
Latest Publication By Grand View Research:
Asia Pacific (India, China, Japan) Adhesives And Sealants Market Analysis By Technology (Water-Based, Solvent-Based, Hot Melt, Reactive), By Product (Acrylic, PVA, Polyurethane), By Application (Pressure Sensitive Applications, Construction, Automotive) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/asia-pacific-adhesives-and-sealants-market) Asia Pacific adhesives and sealants market is expected to reach USD 18.79 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Positive demand outlook from key end use industries including automotive and construction, mainly in China and India, is expected to be a key driving force for the market over the next six years. Tight raw material supply coupled with an unfavorable regulatory scenario for key export markets is expected to inhibit growth over the forecast period.
Interventional Cardiology Devices Market Analysis By Product (Catheters, PTCA Guidewires, Stents, Balloon Inflation Devices, PTCA Balloons) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/interventional-cardiology-devices-market-analysis) global market for interventional cardiology devices is expected to reach USD 26.06 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing global geriatric population base and the prevalence of cardiovascular diseases are expected to drive market demand over the next six years.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519