Growing demand for unsaturated resins and BDO is expected to drive the market.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) July 07, 2014
The global market for maleic anhydride is expected to reach USD 6,788.8 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for unsaturated polyester resins and BDO is expected to augment market growth over the next six years. In addition, an upturn in the lubricant industry in recent times is also expected to mirror in maleic anhydride demand. Growing demand for maleic anhydride in the automotive industry of Asia Pacific, primarily China and India, is also expected to drive the industry. Commercialization of bio-based maleic anhydride is expected to serve as a key market opportunity in the near future.
Unsaturated polyester resins were the largest application segment accounting for maleic anhydride demand of 1,034.8 kilo tons in 2013 and revenue of USD 2,086.5 million. Increasing demand in end-use applications such as marine, automobile and construction industry is expected to surge demand for unsaturated polyester resins over the forecast period. BDO was the second largest application with market share of 19.2% and global demand of 408.0 kilo tons in 2013. The market is expected to witness lucrative growth due to rising demand in elastic fibers, coatings, polyurethanes and polybutylene terepthalate in automotive industry.
The report “Maleic Anhydride Market Analysis By Application (Unsaturated Polyester Resins, BDO, Additives, Copolymers) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/maleic-anhydride-market.
Request Free Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/maleic-anhydride-market/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global maleic anhydride demand was 2,100.7 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 3,073.2 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific was the leading regional market for maleic anhydride accounting for over 50% of global demand, valued at USD 2,279.8 million, in 2013. The market is expected to show rapid growth due to increasing automobile sales coupled with infrastructural developments in the region.
- North America and Europe are expected to witness demand growth in unsaturated polyester resins, at an estimated CAGR of 4.8% and 4.5% from 2014 to 2020, respectively.
- In 2013, additives (lubricants and oil) accounted for the third largest application segment with demand of 231.6 kilo tons and revenue of USD 496.6 million in 2013.
- The global maleic anhydride market is highly fragmented with top five companies accounting for less than 30% of the market. Key participants include Hunstman Corporation, Ashland Chemical Co., Sasol-Hunstman, Polynt SpA, Lanxess AG.
Browse All Reports of Plastics, Polymers & Resins Market By Grand View Research @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/plastics-polymers-and-resins
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global metal cans market on the basis of application and region:
- Maleic Anhydride Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Unsaturated Polyester Resins
• Additives (Lubricants and Oil)
- Maleic Anhydride Region Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012-2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse All Grand View Research Ongoing Reports @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports
Latest Reports Published By Grand View Research:
Metal Cans Market Analysis By Product (Carbonated Soft Drinks, Alcoholic Beverages, Fruit and Vegetable Juices, New Drinks, Vegetables, Fruits, Soups, Miscellaneous Foods) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/metal-cans-market)
The global market for metal cans is expected to reach USD 52.83 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Metal cans are steel or aluminium container mainly used for the storage of goods such as beverages, foods and chemicals. Increasing environmental benefits coupled with growing demand for beverages and canned foods are expected to drive metal cans demand over the next six years. In addition, fast recycle rate for metal cans in comparison to conventional materials such as glass and plastics is further expected to augment its market growth.
Aquaculture Market Analysis By Culture Environment (Fresh Water, Marine Water, Brackish Water), By Product (Carps, Crustaceans, Mackerel, Milkfish, Mollusks, Salmon, Sea bass, Sea bream, Trout) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/aquaculture-market)
The global market for aquaculture is expected to reach USD 202.96 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Aquaculture includes farming of aquatic organisms such as mollusks, fish, crustaceans and other aquatic flora and fauna. Increasing consumer awareness of health benefits associated with seafood and growing consumption serves as a key driver for development of the market.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc