Bronx, NY (PRWEB) June 02, 2014
Moving into a new home is exciting! Moving comes with new opportunities, new purchases for the home, new neighbors and let’s face it, who doesn’t like NEW? But with the excitement comes the stress of moving. The actual process of moving “stuff” from one place to another is almost always riddled with problems and Advantage Moving and Storage Systems, Inc. is here to help.
Summer is peak moving time. The weather is more conducive for moving, kids are out of school, college grads are leaving college and relocating back home or to a new city and work transfers are done in the summer. With peak moving time coming up, the moving horror stories are once again going to be in abundance:
- Unprofessional movers arriving late, rushing and breaking things
- A truck containing all of the customer’s belongings ending up two states away or being stolen
- A mover that quotes one price at the beginning and charges another much higher price at the end, holding the customer’s belongings hostage until they pay the inflated price
- Movers that over promise and under deliver
- Misunderstandings between the moving company and the customer
The “Do-it-Yourself” mover:
- Hoisting a large kitchen appliance without the proper materials to get it down/up flights of stairs
- Moving a box full of kitchen dishes to only have the bottom open up and all of the dishes crashing down to the floor
- Renting a truck from a rental place in advance only to not have it available the day of the move
- Expensive furniture spilled all over the highway because it was not tied down properly
- Nosey neighbors putting in their two cents on how to pack the truck, but not bothering to help
- People promising to help and then not showing up
The list can go on and on! Make sure that this exciting time doesn’t turn into a disastrous experience this summer. Advantage Moving and Storage is sharing some great tips to make sure moving day runs smoother and more efficiently.
First off, avoid the “Do-it-Yourself” horrors. Here are some tips to avoid horrors from certain moving companies:
1. Research the moving company. Check online reviews, ask for testimonials, read articles about the company, check the BBB status, check Yelp.
2. Reputable movers love word-of-mouth so ask a real estate agent or broker to refer a good moving company.
3. Make sure the moving company does a walk-through of the house. With Advantage Moving, customers can also use the new Skype technology to save time and still receive the same service.
4. Ask for a written contract and read the fine print before making a down payment or any payment. If there are any changes, get those on the contract and agreed by the moving company. Make sure the contract spells out all of the details that were discussed.
5. Ask about their claims process. Find out what the policies are before anything happens.
Keep in mind for a summer move:
- July 1 is the busiest day of the year to move.
- About 40 million people moved in 2013 and most decided to move between May and July.
- Moving between September and April saves money.
- If you absolutely have to move in July or August, move during the week. Fees higher on the weekends. Movers are busier and will probably rush to get the job done quicker because they may be overbooked.
- Create an eight week moving timeline.
- Get there first. During summer months, being the first to contact a mover and making a deposit to save the date cannot be more critical.
To learn more about Advantage Moving and Storage, check out this article written by the Home Guru: http://www.theexaminernews.com/home-guru-avoiding-a-horror-story-when-its-time-to-move/.
About the company:
Advantage Moving & Storage Inc., the premier moving company in New York City, handles all moving jobs professionally from resident moves of studio apartments to commercial moves of large corporations. Their services include local, intrastate, interstate and international moving. Their proven track record as an affordable New York City mover guarantees a seamless, stress-free relocation for even the most complicated of moves.
Advantage Moving and Storage is a dependable local New York mover specializing in hourly and flat-rate moving quotes to meet all moving needs. City to city, state to state, or country to country, they have more than 50 years of experience and will handle all moves professionally and with care. Their rates are highly competitive and estimations will go the extra mile making sure all of their customers know precisely what type of service and pricing to expect at all times.