The overall trend for 2011 seems to be 'subtle luxury,' with a heavy emphasis on creativity and personalization.
Atlanta, GA (Vocus/PRWEB) December 08, 2010
According to findings from “We tv Network’s Wedding Report,” over 2 million weddings are projected to take place in 2011, with the bulk of wedding spending going toward bridal attire, reception entertainment, and floral and décor.
“The overall trend for 2011 seems to be 'subtle luxury,' with a heavy emphasis on creativity and personalization, says Perfect Wedding Guide Wedding Planning Expert Susan Southerland, whose works has been featured in national magazines and television shows such as The Style Network's “Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?” "Every element of the wedding should be tailored to reflect the couple, but not cross the line into lavish or excessive.”
Southerland also notes that handmade, vintage, and rustic touches are being prominently showcased, while technology will continue to be used to its full potential behind-the-scenes (brides reading wedding blogs, using smart phone apps, communicating wedding plans through social media, etc).
Here, a detailed list of additional wedding trends and wedding ideas for 2011 based on industry buzz:
1. Shorter Guest Lists. Intimate weddings are still going strong; although wedding budgets are beginning to recover in 2011, a return to the traditional lengthy guest list will not make a comeback.
2. Less Traditions. Couples will continue to buck “tradition-for-tradition’s-sake” and focus on personalizing every aspect of their wedding to reflect their interests and personalities.
3. Bigger Focus on Wedding Entertainment. Services that were quick to get the ax in previous years, due to budgetary constraints, that will begin making a comeback are: wedding videography, DJ services, and higher quality wedding photography.
4. Textural Attire. Wedding gowns are all about texture this year. In past seasons, we have seen pops of color, lots of bling, and feminine detailing galore. In keeping with the subtly luxurious tone of all wedding trends this year, gowns are following suit with visually interesting and rich textures.
5. Non-traditional Veils. Vintage or heirloom hair combs are really hot. Reusing old items are great for the environment (see below) and they are a great way to incorporate something special for a loved one.
5. Creative Colors. Bold colors are the thing for spring! Shades that are a bit punchier than pastel, but not-quite-jewel-toned are making a big statement this year: rich corals, vibrant apple greens, goldenrod, etc.
6. Environmentally-aware Experiences. Eco-friendly considerations (outdoor weddings, recycled paper or “plantable” stationery, vintage jewelry and décor vs. using new items, etc.)
7. Crafty Cues. DIY and handmade wedding related items continue to grow in popularity as they become easier to access and more affordable through major craft retailers and reputable online sources such as Etsy.com.
8. Chuck the Tchotchkes! Couples are choosing to provide their guests with a dessert bar, a candy bar, cigars and a signature drink, coffee bars, or souvenir photobooth picture strips in lieu of the traditional wedding favor trinket.
9. Alternative Times for Weddings. Wedding brunches are big as couples try to spend wisely. The time change can save money on food and bar bills.
10. Non-traditional Reception Seating. Couples will be using different shapes and sizes of tables at the reception to create a more casual “lounge” feel.
11. Simple Wedding Cakes. As opposed to elaborate and whimsical designs of years past, wedding cakes in 2011 will be scaled back to more modest designs with all-edible elements.
Perfect Wedding Guide offers a number of wedding tools for the everyday bride, including a daily blog of style, etiquette and planning tips to help brides select the best finds for their big day.
For more on Perfect Wedding Guide’s top wedding trends for 2011 and to find daily wedding news and planning tips, visit PerfectWeddingGuide.com. You can also “like” us on Facebook at Facebook.com/PerfectWeddingGuide and find us on Twitter at Twitter.com/perfectwedding.
About Perfect Wedding Guide
Perfect Wedding Guide (perfectweddingguide.com), the leader in wedding media resources, is the oldest and most reliable wedding planning company in the United States. For almost 20 years, we have been dedicated to creating innovative wedding planning solutions for brides of all budgets. Our company offers couples a number of fun, useful, and FREE products to help make wedding planning less of a chore and more of a treat. Our local guides and bridal shows are available coast-to-coast in over 60 markets, showcasing some of country’s top wedding professionals who work right in the bride’s backyard. Our national Website, PerfectWeddingGuide.com, is full of fresh planning tips, wedding ideas and wedding news, an extensive photo gallery for inspiration, easy-to-use wedding planning tools, as well as a wedding blog community hosted by our national wedding planning expert. For more information, visit PerfectWeddingGuide.com.
# # #