'As we mark our 35th year milestone, we have nearly a million hours of machining capacity ready to meet the needs of today’s world marketplace,' said Founder and CEO Bob Grande
Santee, Calif. (PRWEB) October 19, 2013
Quality Controlled Manufacturing Inc. (QCMI) celebrates its 35th anniversary on Oct. 19, 2013. Founded in 1978 by William R. (Bob) Grande in his garage, the San Diego County precision manufacturer has grown to 100 employees with three facilities totaling 98,000 sq. ft. The company plans to celebrate its success and longevity with a dinner for all employees and their guests at the San Diego Wine & Culinary Center later this month.
As background, Grande served as a U.S. Army E-4 Specialist during the Vietnam War from 1972 to 1974. He enjoyed working with his mind and hands. His understanding of machine tools and what those tools were capable of fueled Grande’s dream of founding a machining business to "Define the Future in Manufacturing.” He went on to launch QCMI with two employees in 1978, and the rest they say is history.
As a Nadcap accredited for nondestructive testing, ITAR registered and ISO 9001/AS 9100 certified company, QCMI specializes in the precision machining of all metals including exotic alloys. The company produces components with complex shapes, contours, exacting tolerances and stringent quality requirements. It manufactures parts and assemblies for the aerospace, power generation, Department of Defense (DOD), oil and gas, marine and heavy equipment industries.
QCMI received a number of notable awards and honors in 2012-2013.
- QCMI received its fifth consecutive UTC Supplier Gold Award in 2013.
- Inc. Magazine nationally recognized QCMI as one of its Inc. 500|5000 companies for 2012 and 2013.
- QCMI received the 2012 San Diego BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics in the 25-to-99 employee category.
- San Diego Business Journal ranked QCMI on its 2012 Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies list and on its 2012 and 2013 Largest Manufacturers list.
- Founder and CEO Grande achieved a 2012 Most Admired CEO award from the San Diego Business Journal.
- Grande received the Santee Chamber of Commerce 2012 Business Leadership Award.
- Santee Chamber of Commerce awarded QCMI with its 2012 Manufacturing & Construction Company of the Year award.
- San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SD SHRM) honored QCMI with its 2012 Workplace Excellence Awards Marble Winner in the Under 150 Employee Category | Small Business.
- QCMI was named the 2013 #5 Healthiest Company in the Small Business Category by the San Diego Business Journal.
- COO / CFO Rick Urban received the 2013 Top CFO Award in the Small Privately-held Company Category from the San Diego Business Journal.
QCMI has weathered five economic recessions over its three and a half decades. Times have changed--from manual machining in Grande’s garage to the more than 50 computer numerical control (CNC) machines in its 65,000 sq. ft. facility and corporate headquarters in Santee, California. As a family-owned business, Grande has hired his four sons: in 1995 Doug Grande, Business Development; Bill Grande, Second Shift Supervisor; Jeff Grande, Quality Manager / Lean Coordinator; and in 1997 Tommy Grande, Production and Planning. It is also noteworthy that almost half of the QCMI’s employees have been with the company for more than 15 years.
“QCMI’s success starts with our people. Together, we work hard every day to produce quality parts and components for our customers,” said CEO Bob Grande. “As we mark our 35th year milestone, we have nearly a million hours of machining capacity ready to meet the needs of today’s world marketplace.”
About Quality Controlled Manufacturing Inc. (QCMI)
QCMI specializes in the precision machining of all metals including exotic alloys. QCMI is ISO9001/AS9100 certified, ITAR registered and Nadcap accredited for Nondestructive Testing. It manufactures components for the aerospace, power generation, Department of Defense (DOD), oil and gas, marine and heavy equipment industries. Key services include CNC turning, milling, and grinding; conventional machining; welding; EDM; fabrication; inspection, nondestructive testing, next higher assembly; and supply chain management. For more information, call (619) 443-3997 or visit http://www.qcmfginc.com.