Mountain View, CA (PRWEB) December 11, 2012
QuikIO, a new mobile media content delivery application and service, today announced the launch of its iPhone app to accompany its popular QuikIO HD iPad and PC/Mac solution. QuikIO is changing how consumers access and share their personal content by empowering mobile device users with the ability to instantly access, download or share their media files on their computers through network connections – whether by Wi-Fi from home, a hotspot or over 3G/4G.
Since the November launch of QuikIO HD for iPad, thousands of users have installed QuikIO on their iPads, PCs and Macs to make it a favorite downloaded utility from the Apple App Store ranking #1 in many countries. Now by popular demand, QuikIO is launching their iPhone app with a customized user interface to make it easy to play and share media content with friends and family.
“In response to the high demand by QuikIO fans and rave reviews of QuikIO HD for iPad, we are introducing QuikIO for iPhone owners as well,” noted Michael Chen, QuikIO CEO and co-founder. “QuikIO for the iPhone increases portability and ease for mobile users to access and share their media content and files, anywhere, anytime. QuikIO is the first iOS app to let you to share and play your HD video within 5 seconds!”
QuikIO embeds a great deal of intelligence into its services, simplifying the user experience so that the average consumer can enjoy the QuikIO service without much technical knowledge.
“QuikIO’s QuikSend to share and wireless media Download, differentiate it from other media content utilities in the market. Before QuikIO, iPhone and iPad users were imposed with lots of restrictions and complexity such as various home sharing limits, scarce file format support, and sync to one computer per iPhone or iPad. Now with QuikIO, sharing and downloading media content to any iPhone or iPad is an extremely simple process - just like sending an SMS message on your mobile phone,” said Mr. Chen.
QuikIO introduces the best technology available to stream, download and share media content featuring:
- Highest quality video – Achieved by minimizing the video transcoding required for streaming and taking into account the compressed video/audio format, iPad/iPhone model, and local/remote access.
- Best CPU utilization – As well as minimizing video transcoding, QuikIO takes advantage of the GPU (graphics processing unit), to significantly reduce the CPU load. Other apps always use CPU, thus reducing computer performance while streaming and having trouble when transcoding HD video to 720P or above.
- Seamless remote access – No need to configure routers (port forwarding, UPnP) or use remote access codes. With QuikIO, all QuikIO computers and iOS devices are part of a large virtual private network. Media traffic is efficiently and securely routed in a peer-to-peer network similar to Skype.
- Easy-to-use user interface – Just press and play with all media content displayed in gallery view.
- QuikSend or Download any video – QuikIO video sharing or downloading is a single step process that is simple, fast and easy. In comparison, other solutions often require complex file format conversion and then use of iTunes to save to the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Here’s how QuikIO works:
Download and install QuikIO apps to your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, and your PC or Mac. Sign in to QuikIO using Google, Facebook or an email account. A QuikIO user can then choose videos, music, photos and documents to instantly stream to an iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad from a PC or Mac. The direct connection via QuikIO service avoids the long upload waiting time and storage limits often seen by the cloud-based services.
And with QuikIO it is easy to select files to download to an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to enjoy when off the grid – commuting, away from home or at the office -- anytime, anywhere. Sharing files with selected friends and family is easy. Just “Quiksend” them an invite to allow them instant access to stream or download of a media collection. Imagine sharing personal videos and photos instantly, without worrying about file conversion.
With QuikIO for the iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad users can:
- Watch videos, listen to music and access documents on PCs or Macs instantly
- Enjoy automatic media format conversion
- Experience highly optimized network detection for fast, seamless streaming and playback of content without any complex router configuration for port forwarding
- Save media to an iPhone or iPad for viewing when not connected to the Internet
- Share media files with family and friends with easy “QuikSend” feature
- Connect with an iPhone or iPad and PC or Mac with WiFi or 3G/4G
- Enjoy access to private PC/Mac media libraries while at work, school or on the road
A short video of demonstrating QuikIO for the iPhone is available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmj9mJfuFBM&feature=youtu.be
QuikIO can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store for the iPhone at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quikio/id580764348?ls=1&mt=8 and for the iPad at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quikio-hd-free-for-limited/id567840021?ls=1&mt=8. During the initial launch, the QuikIO app will be available for free of charge for a limited time for early adopters after which it will be priced at $.99 USD for the iPhone and iPod touch, $1.99 USD for the iPad and iPad Mini, with support for Apple TV and other devices coming soon.
Additional QuikIO videos can be found on the QuikIOInc YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/quikioinc?feature=results_main
QuikIO provides services to meet the demands of mobile device users who want to stream and transfer media contents effortlessly and cost-effectively among their Internet connected devices.
QuikIO will initially support file transfer and streaming from a PC or Mac to any iPad, iPhone and iPod touch with AppleTV capabilities to follow. Plans to include transfer among iOS devices and Android-based products are in the works.
The company is founded by Cisco veterans who are expert in media content conversion, networking and wireless technology and is headquartered in Mountain View, CA. For more information, visit quik.io
About the QuikIO Founders:
QuikIO is founded by Michael Chen, Xumin Wu and Budi Sutardja who are successful startup and Cisco veterans, having worked at V-Bits/Cisco (for video communication) and Komodo Technologies/Cisco (for consumer VoIP). The company has raised $1.28 million in investments from Enspire Capital and several serial angel investors. QuikIO’s key advisors are Wen Chen, a serial entrepreneur and Cisco fellow, and Joe Burton, Senior VP and CTO at Plantronics, ex-CTO at Polycom and Cisco systems.
Download QuikIO: http://www.quik.io/download.html
Like QuikIO on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/quikioapp
Follow QuikIO on Goggle+: https://plus.google.com/112205592044108867075
Follow QuikIO on Twitter: http://twitter.com/quik_io