Saint Louis, MO (Vocus) September 15, 2009
WHO: American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists
WHEN: September 20-23, 2009
WHERE: St. Louis Union Station Marriott (near Scottrade Center)
One St. Louis Union Station
WHY: Radon remains a serious, global health threat and remains the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States. The 21st International Radon Symposium will provide an opportunity for the scientific and medical communities to exchange ideas and information about radon in the air, water and soils.
Possible Radon Story Angles
- Radon in 2009 - latest facts, figures and reports.
- What is being done to combat this invisible killer?
- Where does St. Louis and Missouri stand in the radon rankings?
- Radon in green buildings
- What can homeowners do to protect themselves?
- Assessing exposure to radon from granite countertops
- Can cat litter be a source for indoor radon?
Available for Interviews at the Symposium
Dr. Ferid Shannon of the World Health Organization
Tom Kelly, Director of the US EPA's Indoor Environments Division
William Angell, Director of Indoor Air Quality Project, Midwest Universities Radon
Dr. William Field, University of Iowa, College of Public Health
Greg Severin, Lents & Associates
***Accredited members of the media may get a free pass to the 21st International Radon Symposium by showing up at the registration desk and presenting their press identification.