With this new gear you don’t have to worry about something slipping out of position before blocking a shot or delivering a hit in the corner. The pads have a full natural range of motion while maintaining full protection.
Baltimore, MD (PRWEB) May 15, 2015
Baltimore-based STX, LLC, a global sporting goods leader, today announced it has added six new products to its elite ice hockey protective equipment line.
STX expanded the elite-level Stallion 500 and Surgeon 500 lines to include shoulder pads, elbow pads and shin guards in both Junior and Senior sizing. The Stallion 500 line is developed for the power player seeking protection and mobility. The Surgeon 500 line is designed for the precision player requiring a sleek and more responsive fit.
“When developing the new protective gear, our decisions were driven by direct feedback from our NHL athletes and elite level players all over the world. These players demand protective gear that moves easily and doesn’t impede performance,” said Matt Hoppe, Senior Global Brand Manager at STX. “With advancements like our 360+ strap system, the introduction of HD Foams throughout our lineup, and game changing additions like our cut resistant sleeve in our shin guard, our new equipment allows athletes to truly focus on their game.”
The new Surgeon 500 and Stallion 500 equipment feature STX’s PUREFORM™ technologies, designed specifically for ice hockey to increase articulation, retention and comfort for players. Highlighted PUREFORM™ elements and other technologies utilized in STX’s new protective include:
- HD Foams, which are also included in STX’s best selling lacrosse products, are used to create a moisture management system that forms a water-repellant barrier to keep the protective gear dry during games.
- STX’s patent pending 360+ Strap™ provides increased customization to secure the elbow pads and shin guards to the player’s body for maximum retention.
- The Stallion 500 shin guard’s Cut-Resistant Sleeve provides increased protection against cuts to the Achilles tendon.
- Stretch Mesh creates targeted zones in the shoulder pads to match player movements.
- The Surgeon 500 elbow pad’s unique 3-Piece Design allows for a fuller and more natural range of motion for the player.
“My partnership with STX has allowed me to be a part of the development of these new pads which has been a great experience,” said Buffalo Sabres’ left-winger Matt Moulson. “With this new gear you don’t have to worry about something slipping out of position before blocking a shot or delivering a hit in the corner. The pads have a full natural range of motion while maintaining full protection.”
For more information about STX’s new Ice Hockey protective gear including its elite-level Stallion and Surgeon 500 gloves, visit http://www.stx.com/hockey.
STX is a global sporting goods leader in the sports of lacrosse, field hockey and ice hockey. With its 1970 introduction of the first synthetic lacrosse head, STX ushered in the “modern era” of what is now the fastest growing team sport. Based in Baltimore, the home of lacrosse, STX has been universally recognized for innovation in product design and development. STX continues to strive for new performance standards in sporting goods equipment at the highest levels of competition. For more information, visit http://www.stx.com.