Denver, Colorado (PRWEB) August 28, 2012
Sage Restaurant Group (SRG), the Denver-based independent restaurant group dedicated to creating experiences where food, drink, and inspired design meet and mix, announces seven internal promotions as part of the company’s aggressive growth plan. These movements within Sage Restaurant Group are vital to the independent restaurant group as it expands its restaurant portfolio and brand in the upcoming year.
Within SRG’s restaurant properties, the following 5 individuals have been recently promoted or newly added to the SRG team: Troy Christian, General Manager of The Original Dinerant in Portland; Dana Faulk, General Manager of the soon-to-open Kachina Southwestern Grill in Westminster, Colorado; Jerome Fosset, General Manager of The Corner Office Restaurant + Martini Bar in Denver; Meaghan Goedde, General Manager of Mercat a la Planxa in Chicago; and Jennifer Thomas, General Manager of Braddock’s American Brasserie in Pittsburgh. In the executive growth category within the corporate office, SRG also announces the promotions of Stephanie Ehrler to Vice President of Marketing and Brand Integrity and David Marsh to Senior Vice President of Operations.
“Sage Restaurant Group strives to take progressive approaches in providing valuable customer experiences and building credibility with our investors, and the recent promotions within our growing SRG family are instrumental in continuing to help us achieve our mission. We are very excited and fortunate to work with each individual as our company gears up for the next year,” said Peter Karpinski, Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer of Sage Restaurant Group.
At Sage Restaurant Group’s corporate office, the promotions of Stephanie Ehrler and David Marsh will bring new levels of leadership expertise to the team. “David and Stephanie have long been integral parts of the continued growth and success of Sage Restaurant Group. We are honored to welcome them into their new roles, and look forward to collaborating with them in their respective positions to bring great vision to SRG’s future,” said Karpinski.
A graduate of Kendall College with a focus in Hotel Management and Convention and Meeting Planning, Ehrler held several other hospitality roles before joining Sage Restaurant Group in 2007 as the Sales and Marketing Director for Mercat a la Planxa in Chicago. In 2010, Ehrler became the company’s Corporate Director of Marketing, and now, with more than eight years of hospitality industry experience, Ehrler will develop and oversee the Sage Restaurant Group marketing vision for the ten distinct restaurant brands in her new role as Vice President of Marketing and Brand Integrity.
Marsh joined Sage Restaurant Group in 2009 as the General Manager of Food and Beverage Operations for the company’s Portland-based Urban Farmer and Departure restaurants at The Nines Hotel, and brings more than 20 years of restaurant industry experience to his newly appointed role. A recipient of the SRG “Leader of the Year” award in 2011, Marsh will direct food and beverage operations for Sage Restaurant Group’s ten distinct restaurant properties as Senior Vice President of Operations. Previous to his positions at SRG, Marsh held management roles at South Lake Tahoe’s iconic Riva Grill and various properties within the Morton’s Restaurant Group umbrella.
Highlights of the newly-appointed general manager posts at several of Sage Restaurant Group’s individual concepts include:
- Troy Christian – Christian brings his passion for all things local, a keen entrepreneurial spirit, and over 20 years of management and ownership experience in a variety of markets to his new role at The Original Dinerant in Portland. With previous positions at Portland landmarks such as Alameda Brewhouse and Pazzo Ristorante, and more than three years of immersion in the local farm and sustainability movements of Sacramento, Christian seeks to uphold The Original’s commitment to high quality ingredients in elevating classic American dishes.
- Dana Faulk – A graduate of University of Colorado’s School of Communications, Faulk was previously the general manager of The Corner Office Restaurant +Martini Bar in Denver. Under Faulk’s leadership, The Corner Office gained a reputation as one of the city’s hottest and most innovative dining venues. Faulk is one of Sage Restaurant Group’s rising stars, recently winning several company honors including “Rookie of the Year” and “Circle of Achievement.”
- Jerome Fosset – Fosset was previously Director of Banquets at The Nines Hotel in Portland, setting high standards for quality food and beverage services for hotel guests as well as playing an integral part in the opening of The Original, one of Portland’s most well-reviewed establishments and one of Sage Restaurant Group’s very own. Before joining Sage Restaurant Group, Fosset was the Restaurant Manager at Hotel Sofitel in New York City, the Director of Events at Hotel Sofitel in Los Angeles, and Dining Manager at Hotel Sofitel in Lafayette Square, D.C.
- Meaghan Goedde – A long-time Sage Restaurant Group team member, Goedde played an essential role in the launching of several Sage Restaurant Group concepts, including Mercat a la Planxa in 2008, The Corner Office, Urban Farmer, and The Original, where she served as the General Manager since its opening in 2009. At Mercat a la Planxa, Goedde will work to bring the modern tapas cuisine, specialty cocktail program, and vibrant ambiance to new heights.
- Jennifer Thomas – With more than 18 years of experience in restaurant operations, Thomas brings a refreshing perspective to Braddock’s American Brasserie, drawing inspiration from the roots of the Whiskey Rebellion and Pittsburgh’s history for an innovative Pittsburgh-inspired menu and whiskey list. Her past managerial positions include roles as General Manager at 100th Bomb Group Restaurant & Special Events Center in Cleveland; General Manager of The Cantina in Santa Rosa, CA; and as Director of Operations at Scrumptious Restaurant Group in Novato, CA.
Sage Restaurant Group’s expansion momentum comes at a critical moment as the company prepares for the next year, with growth highlights including:
- The opening of Sage Restaurant Group’s second Urban Farmer outpost with Urban Farmer Cleveland at the luxury Westin property, a newly acquired Sage Hospitality location.
- The opening of an upscale “fish house” restaurant concept in Oceanside, California in Sage Hospitality’s newly renovated downtown hotel project at the SpringHill Suites Marriot.
- Sage Hospitality’s search for acquisition and repositioning opportunities ranging from $25 million to $300 million in both primary and secondary markets across the United States continue, supported by the three recent hires to the Development & Acquisitions team: William Balinbin as the Vice President of Acquisitions, James Hatfield III as the Director of Feasibility, and Lucy Clark as a Financial Analyst.
About Sage Restaurant Group
Sage Restaurant Group creates experiences where food, drink and inspired design meet and mix. These independent restaurants, adjacent to hotels, deliver exceptional catering and in-room dining experiences. Wherever they are located, Sage Restaurant Group’s concepts feature a distinctive scene and a subtly infused local vibe designed to appeal to a guest who is hungry for life. For more information, please visit http://www.sagerestaurantgroup.com.