At SearchTeam.com, searching alone is a thing of the past, and friends’ suggestions and “likes” go beyond votes or recommendations.
Cincinnati, OH (PRWEB) July 12, 2011
Zakta launches its latest social application, SearchTeam.com, the world's first real-time collaborative search and curation engine. Aimed at students, educators, researchers, knowledge workers and savvy consumers, SearchTeam brings collaboration and Web searching together into a single research tool to help with information research and knowledge sharing.
Search and Curate the Best Information Together
At SearchTeam.com, searching alone is a thing of the past, and friends' suggestions and "likes" go beyond votes or recommendations. Users create a collaborative SearchSpace on SearchTeam, where they invite others to search together with them -- the first major paradigm shift for search engine interfaces in nearly 20 years. Within a SearchSpace, everyone's shared contributions are part of a real-time search curation process in which users search together, save and edit their results, pick up next time where they left off, and learn from each others' knowledge and expertise. Teammates can:
- Search for websites, videos, images, books, articles and more
- Find and save valuable search results into folders
- "Like" and comment on what others have found on the topic
- Chat to coordinate their searches
- Share thoughts via posts
- Upload and store related files or documents
- Add a button to their browser, from which they can automatically add with a simple click - any content of interest from anywhere on the web directly into the SearchSpace.
SearchSpace teammates can easily curate the best content from the web, their collective ideas, as well as their works in the form of documents, all in one organized place.
Save Time and Avoid Repeated Work, Together
“It’s 2011. No one on the Internet should have to repeat searches or encounter irrelevant results,” says Sundar Kadayam, founder and CEO of Zakta, creator of SearchTeam. “We built SearchTeam.com to help people save time when they search, organize what they find into folders so the information they need will be there when they return to it later, collaborate with trusted people to leverage everyone’s knowledge and work, and avoid repeated searching in the process.”
Uses at School
SearchTeam is perfect for individual research projects and ideal for group projects where students can work together in real time to search, communicate and collaborate.
“The purpose of Search Team is to enable small teams to collaborate on finding the best information on the web. Search Team could be a great tool for students working on collaborative research projects,” said Richard Byrne, a Google Certified Teacher, in his review of SearchTeam on the popular Free Technology for Teachers blog.
Uses at Home
SearchTeam also brings opportunities for friends and family to search together for the best information at home:
- Plan the perfect family vacation online using SearchTeam to find and discuss where they should go, where they should stay, what they should see.
- Plan reunions, weddings, baby showers online - with friends who know what to buy, where to go, and where the best prices are.
- Research the Web collaboratively to find support information, treatment options, care-giving ideas and more for a family member with a chronic disease, unique condition or special need.
Uses at Work
At work, where colleagues usually participate in teams and workgroups, SearchTeam makes it easier for:
- Marketers and Product Developers to research the competitive landscape, or do an in-depth look at competitors.
- Sales professionals to prepare and maintain an up-to-date dossier on an existing customer or new customer prospect, providing ready access to key knowledge.
- HR professionals to use SearchTeam collaboratively to research new candidate, conduct background research, scope out recruiting opportunities, etc.
Regardless of the size of the organization, people in many job functions can use SearchTeam to leverage the knowledge of colleagues, and work together to avoid redundant and wasteful work.
Free and Ad-Free
Introduced in private beta in fall 2010, SearchTeam.com is now free for use. Users can register for a free account, or log in using their Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, or Yahoo account. SearchTeam.com does not display ads or sponsored results, and provides users with a clutter-free interface to help them find what they want – fast, and with others they trust.
Note to media / bloggers: Screenshots, Logos, Introductory and Tour videos are all available by request at pr(at)zaktallc(dot)com.
Founded in 2007, Zakta powers and develops social applications that leverage the collective intelligence and work of user groups and communities to deliver improved personal productivity and value. SearchTeam.com, Zakta's latest social application, is the world's first real-time collaborative search and curation engine, aimed at students, educators, researchers, knowledge workers and savvy consumers to help with their research and knowledge sharing. Zakta licenses its technology platform to partners, including ISVs and solution providers in various industries.
Zakta and SearchTeam are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Zakta LLC. in the United States. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.