Participating in the RAM Study allows you to gain valuable insight, including a comparison of what top industry performers are achieving.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) August 28, 2014
Solomon Associates, the leading performance improvement company for the energy and petrochemicals industries, today announced the launch of its International Study of Plant Reliability and Maintenance Effectiveness (RAM Study) for operating year 2014. This study of refineries, chemical plants, and other industrial facilities provides comparative performance analyses between companies worldwide to identify and quantify areas for improved reliability and maintenance performance.
“Today’s top performers are approaching 99% mechanical availability while spending only 1.4% of their plant replacement value,” said RAM Study Project Manager Jeff Dudley. “Plants not achieving these levels are losing opportunities and incurring unnecessary maintenance costs.”
Since 1996, Solomon’s RAM Study has captured extensive data across all performance areas of reliability and maintenance from more than 8,000 process units. Participants rely on these study results to identify improvement opportunities.
“Participating in the RAM Study allows you to gain valuable insight, including a comparison of what top industry performers are achieving,” said Dudley. “This insight will help identify organizational and asset areas where organizations are currently losing opportunities.”
The RAM Study addresses the latest technologies and methodologies in reliability and maintenance, including:
- 20-percent reduction in data requirements from studies prior to 2011
- Simplified web-based data input process, allowing multiple, simultaneous users
- Auto-validation of data prior to submission
- A detailed Opportunities Report for each process unit with prioritization of improvements and their values
- Comprehensive study files at the process-unit and site level, showing all performance data analysis of study data
- Standard metrics for analyzing performance
- Gap analysis comparing performance to top performers
- Comparisons across geographic regions
- Absolute client confidentiality
- An on-site presentation of results for executives and senior managers as well as maintenance managers and reliability engineers
- An on-site, detailed review and workshop of the Opportunities Report, enabling participants to identify and prioritize their unique improvements
Participating in Solomon’s 2014 RAM Study can help a facility identify opportunities for improvement, reduce unit downtime, minimize labor and material overhead costs, increase production capacity without costly capital investment, and improve reliability and maintenance optimization.
To help clients prepare for participation in the RAM Study, Solomon offers on-site and web-based training seminars for data collection and entry, assistance with confidential web-based data input, validation of data to confirm accuracy of input, and an on-site presentation of quantified results to ensure maximization of study benefits. The subscription deadline is October 15, 2014.
For more information on the 2014 RAM Study, visit http://solomononline.com/benchmarking-performance/reliability-and-maintenance-bm/. Interested companies can also contact Jeff Dudley at +22.214.171.12424 or via email at Jeff(dot)Dudley(at)SolomonOnline(dot)com.
About Solomon Associates
Based in Dallas, TX USA, HSB Solomon Associates LLC is the world’s leading performance improvement company for energy companies seeking to identify and close gaps in operational performance. Combining proven, patented methodologies with objective data analysis, and led by a team of oil and gas consultants steeped in hands-on operational experience, Solomon consistently helps clients with energy-intensive assets achieve greater efficiencies, enhanced reliability, and improved margins. Solomon is part of HSB Group, Inc. Learn more about Solomon’s services at http://www.SolomonOnline.com.