We were successful in combining the highest content of recycled and renewable materials available with our expertise in designing high-performance foot care products.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Waco, TX (Vocus) October 29, 2009
Spenco Medical Corporation takes bigger steps in its commitment to a greener environment with the introduction of a replacement insole made from 55 percent recycled and renewable materials - Spenco Earthbound™ - big performance with a little footprint.
"Earthbound features our popular Total Support stability with a green twist," said Paul Kemp, Marketing Manager, Spenco Medical Corporation. "We were successful in combining the highest content of recycled and renewable materials available with our expertise in designing high-performance foot care products."
The Spenco Earthbound™ replacement insole is designed for active consumers seeking firmer support, motion control and cushioning in a more environmentally sustainable footbed. It is best used for activities such as hiking, walking, running, tennis, and other sports where shock absorption along with arch and heel support is needed.
The insole offers the following features:
- A PolySorb® stability cradle made with 100 percent recycled nylon provides firm support with an advanced arch design and a deep heel cup for added stability.
- Spenco® exclusive 3-POD™ cushioning system absorbs shock and controls over pronation by preventing the foot from rolling inwards.
- A layer of 65 percent lightweight recycled EVA foam mixed with 35 percent natural cork adds cushioning for heel to toe comfort.
- A forefoot crash pad offers extra cushioning under the ball of foot to help relieve foot pressure.
- A top cloth made with 40 percent recycled polyester fabric helps prevent blisters and is treated with Ultra-Fresh Silpure antimicrobial to control odor.
The packaging for Spenco Earthbound™ replacement insoles is printed on 100 percent recycled paper with soy-based ink.
Earthbound™ replacement insoles (SRP: $39.99) come in women's sizes from 3 to 12 and men's sizes from 6 to 15 and have a one-year unconditional guarantee. They will be ready to ship to retail stores nationwide by mid-October 2009.
"We understand that our consumers are more eco-conscious and as a result, we are always looking for ways to increase the amount of sustainable materials that we use. Earthbound™ insoles is our first step in that direction," said Kemp.
About Spenco Medical Corporation
Spenco Medical Corporation was founded in 1967 by Dr. Wayman Spence, a renowned foot care specialist. For over 40 years, Spenco has focused on innovative product development and superior service to differentiate itself in the outdoor, sports, foot care and medical markets. Spenco® Insoles - Love Your Feet™. In October 2008, Spenco Medical Corporation was recognized for its active efforts in implementing energy saving opportunities and received the Save Energy Now - Energy Champion Plant Award from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). For more information on Spenco® products, please visit http://www.spenco.com.
# # #