“When we hit the slopes with our lit boards we were bombarded by skiers and snowboarders asking where they could purchase the LED lighting kits we had created – and ActionGlow was born," said Dakota Porter, President of 45th Parallel Lighting, LLC.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Traverse City, Michigan (PRWEB) August 02, 2016
45th Parallel Lighting, LLC today announced the launch of their ActionGlow2 Aftermarket LED Lighting Kits allowing personalization of any existing sporting equipment. Featuring 8 different solid color options and one bright SOS pattern light in each kit, the most popular ActionGlow kits are for snowboards, longboards, skis, bicycles, kayaks and standup paddle boards. The kits are waterproof, shockproof, easy to apply, compact with a low profile, and visible from more than half a mile away. ActionGlow2 LED Lighting Kits can be purchased on Kickstarter at discounted prices. Funds raised from the company’s Kickstarter campaign will be used to expand manufacturing.
“In 2011, my brother and I decided to add LED lights to our snowboards because we were frustrated with how boring action sports were at night,” said Dakota Porter, President of 45th Parallel Lighting, LLC. “When we hit the slopes with our lit boards we were bombarded by skiers and snowboarders asking where they could purchase the LED lighting kits we had created – and ActionGlow was born. Shortly thereafter, we launched the first generation of ActionGlow kits and the response was phenomenal. Within 24 hours of launching the initial ActionGlow website, our inventory had sold out. We’ve refined the first generation of ActionGlow kits and added new features. We’ve initiated a Kickstarter campaign and funds raised will allow us to set up high volume manufacturing for ActionGlow2 to meet the increasing demand we’ve experienced,” concluded Porter.
The next generation ActionGlow2 Aftermarket LED Lighting Kits’ features include:
- Rechargeable – easily charged with a micro USB. A full charge lasts between 5 to 10 hours depending on the kit.
- Waterproof – can be submerged up to 25 feet under water.
- Durable – can handle the toughest terrain.
- Multiple Color Options in One Kit – just one button controls the entire unit and easily scroll through the 8 colors to find the perfect one.
- Super Bright Lights – can be seen from more than one half mile away with 60 ultra-bright LEDs per meter.
- Industrial Strength Adhesive – the adhesive will not damage sporting equipment and can withstand the harshest environments.
- Lightweight and Compact – a low-profile design to reduce disturbance and lightweight for a “not even there” feel.
- 180 Degree Viewing Angle – can be seen from all sides of sporting equipment.
- Adjustable – the LEDs can be cut every 2 inches to ensure a perfect custom fit for any type of sporting equipment.
- Removable Battery Pack – is low profile and can be removed from the dock and brought inside for charging.