Encino, CA (PRWEB) May 26, 2011
Consumers need to be aware that all “specialists” who deal with tax resolution are NOT equal. One out of every six Americans has a tax problem. Tax issues are complicated enough - dealing with the IRS directly often makes them harder to resolve and more difficult to understand, so for some, hiring a Certified Tax Resolution Specialist is just what the doctor ordered. Michael Rozbruch, Founder and CEO of Tax Resolution Services and Founder of the Tax Problem Resolution Services Coalition has complied research musts for consumers who owe $20k or more in back taxes.
Like finding the right health care professional requires time for referral research of qualifications, the same effort needs to go into to retaining a tax advocate who will treat your complex situation. But let the buyer beware - not all “specialists” who claim to deal with tax resolution are equal.
“I always advise consumers to put themselves in the driver’s seat when selecting a tax resolution firm or tax resolution specialist", says Michael Rozbruch, Founder and CEO of Tax Resolution Services and Founder of the Tax Problem Resolution Services Coalition. “The number one thing for consumers to remember is that they need to do their homework and ultimately find the specialist who will treat their specific tax need best.”
Rozbruch shares his advice on how to hire the right tax resolution firm who best advocates for the consumer and deals directly with the IRS. A full article on his tips has been published on the web, called: “Hiring a Tax Resolution Specialist? Not all are created equal - Do your homework first.” A simple checklist to get you started down the road to a speedy resolution includes:
1. Determine the credibility of the tax resolution specialist - seek a Certified Tax Resolution Specialist (CTRS) who must meet educational, experience and examination requirements prescribed by the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS).
2. Determine your needs - Consider the important questions such as, what type of tax issues are these; personal income tax, business tax problems, estate taxes, etc? Organizing a fact list will help with research to find the best firm for those specific needs.
3. Get on Google – Google the company name and the name of the founder with the words "complaint," "rip-off" and "scam." Also, check their social media efforts i.e. Facebook, and LinkedIn. This easy step can reveal customer satisfaction and help narrow the list quickly.
4. Review the firm on the Better Business Bureau - This non-profit pro-consumer organization provides information ranging from years in business to consumer satisfaction.
5. Don’t be penny-wise and dollar-foolish - Hiring the right firm means not just considering price alone. A better measure is to determine success rate for issues like yours.
Tax Resolution Services, Co., is dedicated to providing affordable tax resolution solutions to businesses and individuals alike who find themselves in trouble with the IRS. Their attorneys, CPAs, and tax relief professionals have successfully resolved thousands of cases since 1998 and are committed to making sure clients’ experiences exceed expectations. For more information or to receive a free tax relief consultation, visit TaxResolution.com or call 888-851-5894
The Tax Problem Resolution Services Coalition (TPRSC) represents the efforts of a broad spectrum of the industry located throughout the United States. Its mission is to promote and ensure the protection of taxpayers from unfair and deceptive advertising claims by unscrupulous delinquent tax debt representation providers. The coalition welcomes additional members that support this mission. The coalition’s work will be reported through its new web page at TaxProblemResolutionServicesCoalition.com and through its newsletter.