You don't have to spend a fortune to shower the people you love with heart-felt and meaningful gifts on Valentine's Day. ~Thrift Town Marketing Team
Roseville, CA (PRWEB) February 12, 2014
Valentine's Day is Friday, and the American Express Spending & Saving Tracker is predicting that the average consumer celebrating the holiday this year will spend approximately $213.00 on loved ones. So much for the saying "love don't cost a thing." If $213 isn't in the budget this year for cards, candy and dinner out, here's some good news my thrifty Valentine; Thrift Town has some unique and inexpensive ways to spread the love, and keep money in the bank.
The below Valentine gift ideas are all under $10 each, proving one doesn't have to spend a fortune to make someone feel special.
- Vintage jewelry. Peruse Thrift Town jewelry cases for unique and beautiful pieces that anyone would love.
- Showcase a precious child or collection of family handprints in a thrifted frame.
- Traditional cuddly stuffed animals, that don't cost $24.99! Thrift Town has a huge collection of Valentine inspired plush animals, most with the original tags still on them for around $2 each.
- Unique jars can hold lots of lovely things such as romantic coupons, cookies, or as seen in the accompanying photo, a handmade snow-globe. Most jars cost around $1 each at thrift stores.
- Create adorable Valentine cards like "I wheelie like you," or "don't ever change," and embellish with a hot wheels car, or collectible coins. Both of which can be found in thrift stores.
- For those crafty cupids out there, try creating hearts out of thrifted books, or making heart hair clips out of thrifted fabric. Both of these ideas can be accomplished for around a buck each.
- Made a homemade floral arrangement for a loved one and place it in a thrifted vase, or get creative and recreate the vase as seen in the accompanying photo using old leather belts.
For more inspiration, check out Thrift Town's blog at Thrifttown.com/blog or their Thrifty Valentine Pinterest board. Thrift Town is social and can be found not only on Pinterest, but also on Facebook/Thrifttown, twitter @thrifttown, instagram, Tumblr. To see how much we love our VIP's sign up today by clicking here, or via our iPhone app and receive a special VIP Valentine's Day surprise via email.
Thrift Town has 14 award-winning store locations in four western states. Thrift Town lives it's vision statement of being committed to making a difference every day and has helped raise over $250-million dollars for their charity partners. Their clean, bright, and organized stores put out 4,000 gently used products daily to each store location, setting them apart in the thrift world as the premier thrift destination. Thrift Town is owned and operated by Norquist Salvage Corporation, which has spent over four decades dedicated to socially responsible recycling.