Boulder, CO (PRWEB) July 26, 2012
More than 2 million weddings take place in the U.S. each year each with an average of 138 guests. Not only is that a lot of cake, but that’s a lot of gifts to give. From gifts for the bride and groom to gifts for the wedding parties, the gift giving never stops. Cloud 9 Living now offers a wide variety of romantic gifts for couples that surpass any casserole dish, and recent studies prove that experience gifts make the givers and recipients happier.
Experience gifts are becoming a popular alternative to the bed and bath store registry. Experience gifts allow the couple to create a new memory together, cross an item off their bucket list, and explore the world around them.
Why Experience Gifts:
With options like a couples massage, private hot air balloon ride for two and gondola rides, experience gifts are much more memorable and thoughtful than a new casserole dish. Plus, according to a release by Graham Hill of San Francisco State University “spending money on life experiences makes people happier than spending money on material items.”
There are experiences for all types of couples, from the adventurous or the artsy to the cultural. And starting at just $50, experience gifts fit well in the range of the national average of $70-$100 per gift.
According to Bobby Augst, Executive V.P. at Cloud 9 Living, a U.S.-based experience gift company, “conventional wisdom holds that every newly married couple needs a set of salad bowls, and they need a melon slicing knife, and they need matching aprons, and the list goes on and on. But let's face it, what newlyweds really need are magical moments together creating new lifelong memories.”
The bride and groom might not think to ask for an experience, but there is no doubt they will enjoy it.
“Not only one of our best wedding gifts, but the excursion was amazing too,” said Kelly Parent who was recently given the gift of a Zipline Canopy Tour for her and her new husband.
Plus, any of these experience gifts can be bought to enjoy separate from wedding chaos or to be used during the honeymoon. Below are the top-selling experience gifts for couples.
The top experience gift ideas for weddings from Cloud 9 Living:
1. Food & Wine Gifts including Personal Chef Experiences: The couple can enjoy a wine tasting, food tour around the city or a chef in their own home. Treat them to a night of trying new foods, learning new recipes and not worrying about the dishes.
2. Hot Air Balloon Ride: What is more romantic than soaring through the sky and taking in surrounding scenery, and topping it off with a traditional champagne toast? Something they will remember forever and be able to cross off the bucket list.
3. Helicopter and Plane Tours: Gift the groom and bride breathtaking views of their favorite places or honeymoon location from a plane or helicopter.
4. Dinner and Lunch Cruises: The newlyweds can enjoy a meal together with the city skyline and sights of the shore in the background. Followed by dancing and entertainment, these cruises are always on top of the list.
5. Guided City Tours: From a photo tour of Boston to the San Diego Bicycling Tour and the Miami Beach Pub Crawl, city tours are perfect for tourists or locals. Cloud 9 Living offers informative, fun tours for every personality and curious participant.
Make the next wedding gift you give the gift of a lifetime, the gift of a memory and the gift of romance; an experience gift.
About Cloud 9 Living:
Cloud 9 Living is the leading experience gift company in the U.S. headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, the company offers a portfolio of more than 1,700 experiences in 43 regions nationwide. Cloud 9 Living offers something for every taste and every budget. For more information, visit http://www.cloud9living.com.