A lot of tools have been offered in the past that do something similar, but ours is the first one for Chrome.
Provo, Utah (PRWEB) November 27, 2012
ObservePoint has released its new extension that helps Web developers inspect and troubleshoot Web analytics tags, variables and on-click events using the Chrome Web browser. The ObservePoint Tag Debugger gives detailed tag information that helps users quickly identify website tagging issues and take steps to correct them.
Nearly 400 people have signed up to use the free tool since its release Nov. 14, according to Matthew Miller, director of marketing for ObservePoint, a company specializing in digital analytics auditing.
“It’s free for everyone. … The extension is built for Web analysts who are needing to do some quick quality assurance of tags on their site,” Miller explained. “A lot of tools have been offered in the past that do something similar, but ours is the first one for Chrome.”
The ObservePoint Tag Debugger includes the following features:
- Users may navigate multiple websites without clearing data, helping troubleshoot on-click events and cross-domain tracking
- Adds a tab to the Chrome developer tools that allows users to view detailed reports of tag analytics and other technologies on the Web page being viewed
- Displays name, account, category, status, load time and size of each tag
- Footer displays a brief summary of data including the total number of tags, tag types and average tag loading time
- Selecting individual tags will provide additional information including the full request, POST data and parsed variable data
- Supports Adobe SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics, Webtrends and more
“The ObservePoint Tag Debugger is something we offer free of cost because at our core we believe in improving online analytics for everyone, and we believe that data quality is very important,” Miller said. “ObservePoint’s products help companies correctly use website tags, allowing for accurate reporting of data. By having these functions correctly in place, it helps them make more confident business decisions based on Web traffic.”
The ObservePoint Tag Debugger may offer a solution for Web analysts looking for an alternative to Web Analytics Solution Profiler (WASP), Charles, Omniture SiteCat Debugger and others. The extension can be downloaded for free from the Chrome Web store at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/observepoint-tag debugger/daejfbkjipkgidckemjjafiomfeabemo.
ObservePoint provides Web analysts with exceptional quality assurance tools, which improve the reliability of Web analytics data and enable companies to have confidence in critical, data-driven decisions. Knowing how vulnerable data obtained from analytics reports is to error, ObservePoint co-founders John Pestana and Rob Seolas created the company to provide the Web analytics industry with an affordable, easy-to-use solution to common implementation problems. ObservePoint audits Web analytics tags for Fortune 500 brands, interactive agencies and worldwide regulatory agencies. Visit http://www.observepoint.com/ for more information.