Orange, CA (PRWEB) January 28, 2008
Forty-five healthcare-related companies have been selected as Semi-Finalists for the 2008 ABBY Awards, to be presented at the 10th Annual Innovations in Healthcare(SM) Awards Event , on April 23, 2008, hosted by the Adaptive Business Leaders (ABL) Organization. These awards honor innovative companies from throughout the country, who have proven ways to lower the cost of providing quality healthcare through their medical or information technology, or innovative approaches to the delivery of healthcare.
The criteria for the 10th Annual ABBY Awards competition is particularly demanding: each of the Semi-Finalists in the categories of medical/biotech/diagnostic technology, healthcare information or telecom technology, and approach to the delivery of healthcare must have demonstrated that they are:
- approved for use in the U.S. marketplace
- have clinical and financial metrics that prove their technology or approach reduces the cost of providing quality healthcare
"This year's national ABBY competition drew entries from ten states and the District of Columbia, resulting in the selection of 45 Semi-Finalists," noted ABL's President Mimi Grant. "This truly is a significant accomplishment for these companies, since each of them survived this first hurdle - when literally thousands of healthcare and life science companies would not even qualify to be nominated for an ABBY, and over 40 additional nominees were disqualified for not responding with proof of meeting all three of the criteria."
The next step "on the road to the ABBY" will occur on January 30, when each of the Semi-Finalists will be "presented" and discussed by their "Champions," a group of leaders of healthcare service, information and medical technology firms, who will make the difficult decision of selecting just three Finalists in each of the three ABBY Award categories. These nine Finalists will then present before a live audience at the 10th Annual Innovations in Healthcare(SM) Awards Event, which will take place at the Westin South Coast Plaza, in Costa Mesa, on April 23. Based on each Finalist's live presentation of the significance of their healthcare innovation, the audience, composed of senior healthcare and life science executives, will determine the three winners who will take home their ABBY Awards.
To see the list of the 45 semi-finalists, click on the attached Word document or visit http://www.abl.org.
ALL OF THE FACTS ABOUT THE ABBY AWARDS:
- 10th Annual Innovations in Healthcare(SM) Awards and Event Ceremony
April 23, 2008 - Westin South Coast Plaza Hotel, Costa Mesa, California
11 am to 6 pm (Exhibits and Networking Lunch through Celebration Reception)
- Three 2008 ABBY Awards will be given, which honor innovative companies in the healthcare industry that are currently providing proven ways to lower the cost of providing quality healthcare through their medical or information technology, or innovative approaches to the delivery of healthcare.
- Nine ABBY Award Finalists (three in each category) will be selected in three categories:
Innovative Approaches to the Delivery of Healthcare
Innovations in Healthcare IT and Telecommunications Technology
Innovations in Medical / BioTechnology
- ABBY Award Winners will be selected (by secret ballot) by the senior healthcare industry executives attending the Innovations in Healthcare Awards Event, after hearing presentations by the senior executive from each Finalist company.
- Attendance is open to ABL Members, as well as non-Member senior executives of healthcare providers and payers, as well as leaders of therapeutic, diagnostic, medical device and healthcare information and services firms.
For more information, please contact Laura Grant at ABL at (714) 245-1425 or visit ABL’s website at http://www.abl.org
Recent ABBY Award winners have included: Aperio Technologies, Inc.; BeWell Mobile Technology Inc.; Care Level Management; eHealth, Inc.; eV3, Inc.’s Neurovascular Division; FoxHollow Technologies, Inc.; Gen-Probe, Inc.; Health Hero Network, Inc.; I-Flow; IPC - The Hospitalist Company; Kaiser Permanente's eHealth Initiatives; Masimo Corporation; Refractec; Santa Clara Family Health Plan; Silverado Senior Living Center; Sutter Health's eICU; Trizetto Group; and Vocera Communications.
Celebrating its 25th anniversary year, the Adaptive Business Leaders (ABL) Organization's mission is to help health and technology leaders grow great companies. ABL does this through its eight monthly, industry-specific Round Tables held throughout California, and frequent Conferences, Workshops and Events. In their confidential Round Tables, ABL Members - who are CEOs, Presidents, COOs and Division General Managers of Health and Technology companies - openly seek from and share with each other candid advice, best practices and innovative approaches for capitalizing on market trends and opportunities, in order to assure they are well positioned for business and personal success.
Laura Grant, ABL Event and Marketing Director (714/245-1427) or
Mimi Grant, President (714/245-1425)
Adaptive Business Leaders Organization
930 W. Town & Country Rd.
Orange, CA 92868
714/245- 2400 FAX 714/245-1428
# # #