The introduction of the BASDA Green XML standard has gone a long way in standardising the green electronic messaging system, and providing organisations with a cost-effective means of carbon footprinting.
Colchester, UK (PRWeb UK) October 25, 2010
Access, the mid-market consulting, software and solutions provider is prototyping BASDA Green XML to complement its Accounting for Carbon Emissions (ACE) module for Access Dimensions & FocalPoint. The green reporting standard was launched on Thursday 7th October at @UK PLC in Reading by DEFRA minister Richard Benyon. BASDA Green XML allows businesses to transmit the carbon cost of their products, to their customers, within an industry standard electronic invoice.
Speaking at the launch Richard said, “Access and Microsoft have solved the challenge of embedding carbon accounting in mainstream finance systems with their products Dimensions and Axapta. The introduction of the BASDA Green XML standard has gone a long way in standardising the green electronic messaging system, and providing organisations with a cost-effective means of carbon footprinting.”
Kevin Misselbrook, director for Access, commented, “We’ve been prototyping BASDA Green XML to provide greater flexibility in capturing the full spectrum of carbon emissions including the facility to analyse and budget for Scope 3 carbon emissions.”
“The ability to include environmental data within a standard electronic trading message greatly enhances the opportunity for businesses to exchange the carbon costs of their trading,” continued Kevin. “With companies such as @UK PLC including a products carbon cost as part of the electronic invoice, makes it simpler those companies wishing to participate in carbon accounting. BASDA Green XML is a major step forward in enabling efficient interchange of carbon data between companies.”
Access offers free guides and advice on accounting for carbon on their website. For more information on Access call 0845 345 3300 or visit http://www.theaccessgroup.com. Alternatively, keep up-to-date by following Access on twitter, http://www.twitter.com/theaccessgroup
- Access is a consulting, software and solutions provider, serving the mid-market
- The consulting services are backed by more than 75 accredited consultants, providing business software expertise. They operate nationally out of 10 offices in the UK and Ireland
- The software portfolio provides solutions to meet the needs of the whole organisation, helping to reduce complexity and increase efficiencies at every level. In addition to accounting and finance, Access also offers manufacturing software, professional services automation, and accounting for carbon emissions reporting. Other software solutions include distribution and warehousing, HR and payroll, document management, service and contract management and CRM and sales automation
Accreditations and memberships:
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Business Application Software Developers Association (BASDA)
- HM Revenue & Customs: Payroll Standards Scheme
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2010 for ‘Enterprise Accounting & Finance’
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2010 for ‘SME Human Resources & Human Capital Management’
- FrontRange Partner Awards 2010 for ‘CRM Partner of the Year’
- Green IT Awards 2010 for 'Environmental Accounting Software of the Year'
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2009 for ‘Green Software Provider of the Year’
- Manufacturer of the Year Awards 2009 for 'IT in Manufacturing', won by customer Renthal for its use of the Access Supply Chain solution
- Construction Computing Awards 2009, 'Construction Accounting Software of the Year' and shortlisted for 'Environmental Product of the Year'
- Accountancy Age Award 2008 and 2009 for the best 'Mid-tier Software Package'
Head of Group PR
Access UK Ltd
T: +44 (0) 1206 322575 / 07833 936311
F: +44 (0) 1206 322956
Access UK Ltd
T: +44 (0) 1206 322575
F: +44 (0) 1206 322956