Today marks a further milestone in cementing our position as a major mid-market business and accounting software provider. The new appointments will help drive business growth, both organically and through acquisition.
Colchester, UK (PRWeb UK) July 20, 2010
Access, the mid-market consulting, software and solutions provider, has announced today that it has appointed Chris Bayne as MD of the company. Chris was the MD for Access’ Solutions Division and formerly the MD for Armstrong Consultants before the business was purchased by Access’ parent company, Access Technology Group (ATG) in 2008. He will take up the post with immediate effect.
The MD for the Software Division, John Beech, has been promoted to strategic projects director within ATG. He will work closely with the founder and group managing director, Alistair O’Reilly, and group commercial director, Chris Tossell on alliances, investment opportunities and M&A activity. The new appointments mark a milestone in the continuing evolution of the company.
Alistair commented, “Both John and Chris have worked tremendously hard over the past year and have successfully completed their remit leading the two divisions and taking us forward as a consulting-led software and solutions company. John was pivotal in running the integration project which saw five ATG subsidiaries come together under one brand and working with our director of innovations to further integrate the product portfolio. Chris has been key in developing our new consultancy and direct sales arm and will now manage the overall day-to-day running of the business. John will embark on further high-level projects within the group to ensure future business expansion and growth.”
The move comes one year on from a total rebrand and restructure of the company, which saw a complete change in business model from that of a software developer with a reseller channel to a direct-to-market, consulting-led business software provider. In February this year, Access acquired the HR and payroll software specialists Select Software, now Access Select, allowing it to penetrate new markets and further extending the firms consulting expertise and software portfolio.
At the same time, Paul Druckman was named chairman for Access. He had been a non-executive director of the company since 2004, when the business first started to accelerate through acquisition. During that period, Access acquired reseller businesses in Ireland and London alongside a manufacturing and distribution software provider.
Alistair continued, “Today marks a further milestone in cementing our position as a major mid-market business and accounting software provider. The new appointments will help drive business growth, both organically and through acquisition, helping us to achieve our target of £100m turnover by 2017. John’s expertise in running high-level projects will help spearhead our acquisition strategies, whilst Chris’ expertise across the consulting, sales and software side of the business will help strengthen our position a consultancy-led business backed up and supported by our own IP.”
Access’ software range has grown considerably since it started developing accounting packages back in 1991, having broadened its appeal to a growing customer base and changing market place. Whilst accounting remains at the heart, it’s portfolio now includes project management, time and expenses, workflow management, CRM, HR, carbon emissions measurement and manufacturing and distribution software. The company has also embraced many of the latest web-based and mobile technologies.
Access’ new business approach has seen it address the needs of an increasing number of larger organisations, helping them realise their business goals. This has resulted in Access remaining financially strong throughout the economic downturn, with its latest figures beating expectations.
- Access is a consulting, software and solutions provider, serving the mid-market
- The consulting services are backed by more than 75 accredited consultants, providing business software expertise. They operate nationally out of 10 offices in the UK and Ireland
- The software portfolio provides solutions to meet the needs of the whole organisation, helping to reduce complexity and increase efficiencies at every level. In addition to accounting and finance, Access also offers manufacturing software, professional services automation, and accounting for carbon emissions reporting. Other software solutions include distribution and warehousing, HR and payroll, document management, service and contract management and CRM and sales automation
Accreditations and memberships:
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Business Application Software Developers Association (BASDA)
- HM Revenue & Customs: Payroll Standards Scheme
- FrontRange Partner Awards 2010 for ‘CRM Partner of the Year’
- Green IT Awards 2010 for 'Environmental Accounting Software of the Year'
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2009 for ‘Green Software Provider of the Year’
- Manufacturer of the Year Awards 2009 for 'IT in Manufacturing', won by customer Renthal for its use of the Access Supply Chain solution
- Construction Computing Awards 2009, 'Construction Accounting Software of the Year' and shortlisted for 'Environmental Product of the Year'
- Accountancy Age Award 2008 and 2009 for the best 'Mid-tier Software Package'
Head of Group PR
Access UK Ltd
T: +44 (0) 1206 322575 / 07833 936311
F: +44 (0) 1206 322956
Access UK Ltd
T: +44 (0) 1206 322575
F: +44 (0) 1206 322956