When selecting a new IT system you have to work together, so you not only select the best solution, but the people that will become integral to the success of the project – Access offered the best product and the personnel that we knew we could work with.
Colchester, UK (PRWeb UK) February 10, 2011
Ortak Jewellery, one of the UK’s leading designers of silver and gold jewellery, has invested in Access’ manufacturing solution Access Supply Chain to streamline their processes, bring real-time reliable reporting, and reduce the administration burden. Ortak went through a rigorous six month selection process before selecting Access.
Alistair Gray, MD at Ortak, said, “Our existing system had been in place for about 13 years. Technology has moved on so much since then, that we’d found ourselves with numerous databases and spreadsheets outside of the core manufacturing system – we knew it was time to get new technology, as we were using antiquated systems for a modern business.
“Access Supply Chain comprehensively covered all our needs, whereas some of the other systems we considered would have required a fair amount of bespoke work,” continued Alistair. “When selecting a new IT system you have to work together, so you not only select the best solution, but the people that will become integral to the success of the project – Access offered the best product and the personnel that we knew we could work with.”
The introduction of Access Supply Chain will reduce administration time and costs as Ortak will no longer require the databases and spreadsheets its been using with its old system; all information will now be stored on a central database. “In addition to the increased efficiency we’re also going to see an improvement in the speed and reliability of management reporting. Our new solution will offer us real-time reporting, that we can access quickly and drill down to get accurate management information,” concluded Alistair.
Ortak Jewellery is planning to integrate its retail systems and a full EPOS system with Access Supply Chain in the future.
For more information on Access, its consultancy and software solutions contact Matt Newman on 0845 345 3300 or visit http://www.theaccessgroup.com.
Alternatively, keep up-to-date by following Access on:
- Access is a consulting, software and solutions provider, serving the mid-market
- The consulting services are backed by more than 75 accredited consultants, providing business software expertise. They operate nationally out of 9 offices in the UK and Ireland
- The software portfolio provides solutions to meet the needs of the whole organisation, helping to reduce complexity and increase efficiencies at every level. In addition to accounting and finance, Access also offers manufacturing software, professional services automation, and accounting for carbon emissions reporting. Other software solutions include distribution and warehousing, HR and payroll, document management, service and contract management and CRM and sales automation
Accreditations and memberships:
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Business Application Software Developers Association (BASDA)
- HM Revenue & Customs: Payroll Standards Scheme
- Accountancy Age Award 2010 for ‘Software Package of the Year’
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2010 for ‘Enterprise Accounting & Finance’
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2010 for ‘SME Human Resources & Human Capital Management’
- FrontRange Partner Awards 2010 for ‘CRM Partner of the Year’
- Green IT Awards 2010 for 'Environmental Accounting Software of the Year'
- Construction Computing Awards 2010, 'Construction Accounting Software of the Year'
Head of Group PR
Access UK Ltd
T: +44 (0) 1206 322575 / 07833 936311
F: +44 (0) 1206 322956
Access UK Ltd
T: +44 (0) 1206 322575
F: +44 (0) 1206 322956