We wanted to introduce more robust controls and to generate high quality costing and margin information; the solution will not only enable us to operate more efficiently, but also to produce the management reports that we require.
Colchester, Essex (PRWeb UK) August 18, 2010
Access, the mid-market consulting, software and solutions provider, has announced that ReZolve has chosen to implement its business and finance solution Access Dimensions, incorporating Accounting for Carbon Emissions (ACE). The key drivers for the not-for-profit social enterprise was the need for a new, integrated stock management and costing system for its furniture re-use centre and to be able to easily track its carbon footprint.
“We wanted to introduce more robust controls and to generate high quality costing and margin information; the solution will not only enable us to operate more efficiently, but also to produce the management reports that we require,” said Jackie May, finance manager for ReZolve, which manages projects with environmental and social aims, both regionally and nationally. “As an environmental organisation we were also very taken with the carbon tracking tool. We’ve recently commissioned a report, confirming that we’re carbon negative but in order to maintain this, we’re introducing procedures to track carbon emissions information – ACE will make this much easier.”
Over the past two years, ReZolve has moved away from grant funding and has been able to generate 92% of its income from non-grant sources during 2009/10. “This means that we operate within very tight financial constraints, with just 38 staff,” said Jackie. “We did consider a number of alternative systems on the market but were unable to find a competitor which met our many requirements so closely.”
It was Access with its consulting expertise and the flexibility of Access Dimensions that won the day for the £1.5m social enterprise. Jackie commented, “The project team were extremely impressed by the expertise of the Access consultants, who were able to provide a customised solution for our very complex stock management needs - within hours of a getting an outline brief.
“We all felt that Access Dimensions stood out from the crowd and were particularly impressed with the extensive Excel integration and the use of smart-tags. What also appealed was the fact we’ll not need to rekey information. It will help us to reduce administration time so we can focus on analysing the data and making good business decisions. We’re a very lean organisation and working smartly is key to our success.”
With the customised stock solution, ReZolve will be able to track each stock item from cradle-to-grave and to generate accurate costing data, helping the social enterprise run more smoothly. Access Dimensions will also help to improve the quality of management information across the organisation.
Jackie concluded, “One of our difficulties in finding a system was that we’re not big enough to make a massive IT investment and yet our needs are too complex for a small business solution. Access worked closely with us to make the project cost-effective. Now, we’re going to have a totally integrated system for stock, costing and accounts which will enable us to be much more efficient.”
The implementation of Access Dimensions, which will be integrated with ReZolve’s postcode look-up software, is expected to be completed by November. ReZolve is also looking to implement Access Document Management at a later date.
For more information on Access call 0845 345 3300 or visit http://www.theaccessgroup.com. Alternatively, keep up-to-date by following Access on twitter, http://www.twitter.com/theaccessgroup. For further details on ReZolve contact 08450 580 551 or visit http://www.rezolve.org.uk
- Access is a consulting, software and solutions provider, serving the mid-market
- The consulting services are backed by more than 75 accredited consultants, providing business software expertise. They operate nationally out of 10 offices in the UK and Ireland
- The software portfolio provides solutions to meet the needs of the whole organisation, helping to reduce complexity and increase efficiencies at every level. In addition to accounting and finance, Access also offers manufacturing software, professional services automation, and accounting for carbon emissions reporting. Other software solutions include distribution and warehousing, HR and payroll, document management, service and contract management and CRM and sales automation
Accreditations and memberships:
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Business Application Software Developers Association (BASDA)
- HM Revenue & Customs: Payroll Standards Scheme
- FrontRange Partner Awards 2010 for ‘CRM Partner of the Year’
- Green IT Awards 2010 for 'Environmental Accounting Software of the Year'
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2009 for ‘Green Software Provider of the Year’
- Manufacturer of the Year Awards 2009 for 'IT in Manufacturing', won by customer Renthal for its use of the Access Supply Chain solution
- Construction Computing Awards 2009, 'Construction Accounting Software of the Year' and shortlisted for 'Environmental Product of the Year'
- Accountancy Age Award 2008 and 2009 for the best 'Mid-tier Software Package'
ReZolve is a dynamic social enterprise managing projects with both environmental and social aims. As an organisation ReZolve aims to:
- Provide regional and national solutions to environmental and social issues.
- Support third sector organisations, public sector bodies and private companies.
- Offer innovative training models to ensure a sustainable future for all.
- Provide unique services to all levels of the community to address disadvantage and social exclusion and to enhance the environment for a more sustainable future.
Head of Group PR
Access UK Ltd
T: +44 (0) 1206 322575 / 07833 936311
F: +44 (0) 1206 322956
Access UK Ltd
T: +44 (0) 1206 322575
F: +44 (0) 1206 322956