With less time spent on administration and more time spent actually running human resources and payroll, businesses will lower their costs, increase their return on investment, and generally improve overall efficiency, and visibility of information.
Colchester, UK (PRWeb UK) June 10, 2010
Access, the mid-market consulting, software and solutions provider, has released a completely integrated payroll and HR business solution, following the acquisition of HR specialists Access Select (formerly Select Software) earlier this year. SelectHR and SelectPay, have been tightly integrated, bringing complete control to both human resources and payroll. “This is really going to reduce the burden on these functions,” said Stuart Allsopp, director for innovations at Access. “With less time spent on administration and more time spent actually running human resources and payroll, businesses will lower their costs, increase their return on investment, and generally improve overall efficiency, and visibility of information,” he continued.
One of the key features is self-service, allowing employees to enter information themselves such as their working hours, or change of personal details. If, for example, an employee has moved house and wants their payslip to be delivered to a new address they can change their own details on the secure self-service portal, with the new information automatically updated within the SelectHR and SelectPay solution. “It’ll simplify the HR process by keeping and maintaining common data across both platforms,” Stuart commented. “Salary review and budget changes can be done via a workflow process all the way through to payroll. There’s also additional functionality – employees can review their P60’s or payslips via the self-service – not just the most recent ones but right across their employment history.”
The latest business software release includes timesheets, a ribbon bar navigation facility, automated report printing and a user definable workflow, to ensure there is strict control over the information exchanged between payroll and HR. The ribbon bar offers increased productivity with every function no more than three clicks away, providing clear and concise navigation. The automated report printing has the option to print, download or email reports, such as absenteeism, at regular intervals via workflows, allowing line managers to view absence ratios.
Stuart concluded, “By linking up the business processes across the HR and payroll departments, both functions have instant access to all available data - as it’s updated. For security, new employee data and update requests are automatically placed into a workflow for authorisation by the payroll team. If accepted, the information is updated in the payroll system, helping to maintain security and consistency of information at every level.”
Development teams from across Access and Access Select worked closely to bring the new integrated solution to market. As the specialist HR and payroll division of Access, Canterbury-based Access Select has more than a decade of experience in the software market, implementing people-based solutions. It has a broad customer base with particular expertise in the legal, education and not-for-profit sectors.
For further details on Access contact Matt Newman on 0845 345 3300 or visit http://www.theaccessgroup.com. For more information on Access Select visit http://www.selecthr.co.uk. Alternatively, keep up-to-date by following Access on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/theaccessgroup.
- Access is a consulting, software and solutions provider, serving the mid-market.
- The consulting services are backed by more than 65 accredited consultants, providing business software expertise. They operate nationally out of 10 offices in the UK and Ireland.
- The software portfolio provides solutions to meet the needs of the whole organisation, helping to reduce complexity and increase efficiencies at every level. In addition to accounting and finance, Access also offers manufacturing software, professional services automation, and accounting for carbon emissions reporting. Other software solutions include distribution and warehousing, HR and payroll, document management, service and contract management and CRM and sales automation.
Accreditations and memberships:
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Business Application Software Developers Association (BASDA)
- HM Revenue & Customs: Payroll Standards Scheme
- Green IT Awards 2010 for 'Environmental Accounting Software of the Year'
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2009, Green Software Provider of the Year Award
- Manufacturer of the Year Awards 2009 for 'IT in Manufacturing', won by customer Renthal for its use of the Access Supply Chain solution
- Construction Computing Awards 2009, 'Construction Accounting Software of the Year' and shortlisted for 'Environmental Product of the Year'
- Accountancy Age Award 2008 and 2009 for the best 'Mid-tier Software Package'
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Award 2008, for the second year running, in the category of best 'Mid-Range Software'
Media information for Access:
Head of Group PR
T: 01206 322575 / 07833 936311
F: 01206 322956
T: 01206 322575