The mainstream deployment of cloud applications, especially among large and medium sized enterprises, is creating the need for centralized access management including federated single sign-on
Palo Alto, CA (PRWEB) July 29, 2009
Symplified, the cloud security experts, today announced that it will demonstrate here how its SinglePoint™ Cloud Identity and Access Management solution provides centralized, granular access control, single sign-on (SSO), and auditing for leading cloud applications, identity providers, and federation protocols by integrating with user data and directories located inside enterprise firewalls.
As part of the cloud SSO Interoperability demonstration hosted by Burton Group, Symplified will showcase how SinglePoint addresses policy enforcement, regulatory compliance, and directory integration challenges associated with deploying Google Apps, Salesforce.com, Microsoft's new identity federation platform, and other on-demand resources.
"The mainstream deployment of cloud applications, especially among large and medium sized enterprises, is creating the need for centralized access management including federated single sign-on," said Gerry Gebel, VP & Service Director at Burton Group. "This Interoperability demonstration will showcase how enterprises can use federation standards and technologies to secure cloud applications and enforce access control and authorization policies."
SinglePoint - Singular Control over the Cloud
SinglePoint natively integrates more than 30 cloud applications with on-premise identity infrastructures including LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory, databases, and portals. SinglePoint provides a full complement of access management capabilities that meet the requirements for regulated environments including the financial services, pharmaceutical, and high technology industries. These include:
- Policy-based granular controls that use the XACML standard to restrict which users can access individual resources and data for regulatory compliance
- Maintaining a detailed audit trail of which users access specific resources and data for maintaining security standards across the cloud
- The ability to enforce Chinese wall security policies for access to applications and data across organizational units for compliance
- Using Active Directory to extend group- and role-based policies from inside the firewall to cloud applications
- A revolutionary federated SSO capability that uses HTTP federation and doesn't require a service provider (SP) to modify their application or implement heavy federation software in order to provide SSO to cloud applications
- Federated SSO that supports SAML 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0
- Persona mapping of identity that reconciles different usernames required to access internal enterprise resources and cloud applications. For example, user firstname.lastname@example.org : mailto:email@example.com can sign in at the SinglePoint portal, and automatically be authenticated to Google Apps without having to use his firstname.lastname@example.org mailto:email@example.com alias.
"Larger enterprises, especially in regulated environments, need to implement access and audit controls over cloud-based applications that go far beyond single sign-on and authentication," said Darren Platt, CTO of Symplified. "Without robust, enterprise-class security in place many organizations cannot confidently deploy cloud applications. Our interoperability demonstration at the Catalyst Conference will illustrate how enterprises can use SinglePoint to centrally implement 360 degree access management, including single sign-on, access control, authorization, and usage auditing, that is integrated with leading applications from Google, Salesforce.com, Microsoft, and others."
The Interoperability demonstration will take place Wednesday evening, July 29th at The Burton Group Catalyst Conference, which runs July 27-31 in San Diego California. For more details, visit http://www.catalyst.burtongroup.com/NA09/.
About Symplified | The Cloud Security Company
Symplified provides the Trust Fabric of the Cloud - integrating enterprise security policies and administration with cloud applications and data. The SinglePoint solution combines Web access management, cloud access management, authentication, Single Sign On ( SSO), federation, auditing, and cloud user provisioning. It is available either as an on-premise appliance or delivered from the cloud as a secure proxy. SinglePoint is pre-integrated with leading cloud applications and platforms including Google Apps, Salesforce.com, ADP, Taleo, Xactly, Jive, Workday and many others. Symplified's founding management team also created Securant and the ClearTrust product, which pioneered the market for Web access management and federation software. Securant was acquired by RSA Security for $140M.
Venture funding for the company was provided by Granite Ventures and Allegis Capital. Symplified is headquartered in Boulder, Colo., with offices in Palo Alto, Calif. Visit us on the web at http://www.symplified.com.