Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 is a step ahead when it comes to integrated backup, disaster recovery and data protection.
Past News ReleasesRSS
London, UK (PRWEB UK) 21 June 2011
Acronis, a leading provider of easy-to-use disaster recovery and data protection solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments, today announced the general availability of Acronis® Backup & Recovery™ 11. The new product, which allows organisations to simplify their disaster recovery and data protection needs, is now available to purchase from Acronis’ channel partners.
Built upon Acronis’ established disk imaging technology, the business product family provides the market’s first affordable solution for integrated disaster recovery and data protection in one. Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 offers both a data-centric and a system-centric view of physical and virtual machines as well as providing secure offsite storage; this allows IT managers to simplify their operations from one unified platform, therefore saving costs.
“Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 is a step ahead when it comes to integrated backup, disaster recovery and data protection. Combining these in one platform and one solution opens new ways to implement policies and disaster recovery strategies across our organisation,” said Sven Dreyfeldt, Siemens IT Solutions and Services GmbH.
“File-level backup and recovery on its own is an incomplete strategy when it comes to meeting today’s stringent recovery time objectives (RTOs) for complete system recovery,” says Lauren Whitehouse, senior analyst at ESG. “Solidifying solutions for bare metal recovery and file-level protection together makes sense in order to allow for more complete and robust disaster recovery and data protection strategies for small to medium sized businesses.”
Key new features include:
- Disaster Recovery and Data Protection in one solution
- System-centric approach to restore all data, files, applications and operating systems through disk imaging technology for fast restoration
- Data-centric approach allowing IT managers to recover, manage and search for individual files from a backup no matter where they’re located in the backup file archive
- Support for physical, virtual and cloud environments
- One of the few solutions available where IT managers can back up both physical and virtual environments, plus with Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Online™, files and full system images can be stored securely in the cloud
- New Virtualisation features
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Virtual Edition™ supports an unlimited number of migrations to and from the host machine
- Place an agent into the virtual machine and manage it exactly as you would manage a physical machine; and/or use a single host-based agent for VMware® vSphere™ or Microsoft® Hyper-V™ to manage all virtual machines on a host at once
- Simultaneous backups of virtual machines reduce virtual backup windows
- Ease of management
- Disaster Recovery Plans provide step-by-step instructions enabling even non-IT personnel to recover systems
Pricing and availability:
Acronis® Backup & Recovery™ 11 is available now from Acronis channel partners. Acronis® Backup & Recovery™ 11 Advanced Server version is priced at £875. Support for Microsoft® Exchange Server 2010 and Microsoft® SQL Server will be coming at a later date.
Acronis is a leading provider of easy-to-use disaster recovery and data protection solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. Its patented disk imaging technology enables corporations, SMBs and consumers to protect their digital assets. With Acronis' disaster recovery, deployment and migration software, users protect their digital information, maintain business continuity and reduce downtime. Acronis software is sold in more than 90 countries and available in up to 14 languages. For additional information, please visit http://www.acronis.co.uk. Follow Acronis on Twitter: http://twitter.com/acronis.
Natasha Simmons / Emily Gallagher
Tel : +44 (0)1252 717040
Email : acronis(at)touchdownpr(dot)com
Tel: +44 (0)203 176 0354 / +44 (0)774 938 9654