New York, NY (PRWEB) August 14, 2008
Centro has acquired Real Cities, one of the largest and most respected online newspaper ad buying services, from The McClatchy Company. Centro, which provides the leading local online media planning and buying platform, was represented in the acquisition by AdMedia Partners, independent M&A advisors specializing in mergers and acquisitions for digital and traditional media, marketing and information businesses.
Centro provides the most comprehensive technology platform and services to ease the planning and buying of local online media for agencies throughout North America. Centro efficiently facilitates the buying and selling of online advertising among hundreds of national, regional, and local agencies and thousands of local online publishers. The company services more than 180 Fortune 500 brands along with hundreds of other businesses, both large and small, through their respective agencies and more than 7,500 online publishers to simplify the complex process of buying digital media. With offices in New York, Atlanta, Dallas, San Francisco, Boston, Los Angeles, Denver, Raleigh-Durham, Cleveland and Detroit the Chicago-based firm works with all online newspapers in the US and Canada, as well as local TV and Radio sites, alternative weeklies, business publications and internet Yellow Pages. For more information, please visit: http://www.centro.net.
About AdMedia Partners
AdMedia Partners (http://www.admediapartners.com) is a leading boutique merger and acquisition firm that provides middle market M&A advisory services to advertising and marketing services, media and publishing, and related Internet businesses. Founded in 1990 and located in New York City, the firm has completed over 150 transactions worth over $5 billion since 1999.
Select recent online media, Internet marketing and marketing services transactions completed by AdMedia Partners include:
- Representing Juli B, an online luxury and lifestyle brand that emails local content on upwards of 14 cities in the US and Europe to over 700,000 subscribers, in its acquisition by Modern Luxury Magazines, a portfolio company of Clarity Partners.
- Representing Brulant, one of the largest independent interactive marketing agencies, in its acquisition by Rosetta Marketing, an interactive agency. Together, Rosetta and Brulant will become one of the nation's largest interactive agencies with expected 2008 revenue of $130 million.
- Representing iCrossing, a global digital marketing company, in its acquisition of Web development agency Proxicom.
- Representing Refinery, an interactive marketing solutions agency, in its acquisition by WPP's G2 Worldwide.
- Providing strategic advice to aQuantive in its acquisition of sbi.razorfish.
- Representing Medical Broadcasting Company, one of the largest independent interactive healthcare agencies, in its acquisition by Digitas Inc.
- Representing Barefoot, a premier creative and interactive advertising agency, in its acquisition by Omincom's BBDO Worldwide.
- Representing Spannerworks, a leading U.K. search engine marketing agency, in its acquisition by iCrossing.
- Representing Big Communications, a leading healthcare marketing agency, in its acquisition by Meredith Corporation.
- Representing New Media Strategies, a leading online word-of-mouth marketing agency, in its acquisition by Meredith Corporation.
- Representing Spunlogic, an interactive marketing agency, in its acquisition by Engauge Marketing, a portfolio company of Halyard Capital.
- Representing Genex, an interactive marketing services firm that specializes in online customer relationship marketing, in its acquisition by Meredith Corporation.
- Representing i33, an award-winning digital design, development and marketing firm, in its acquisition by 360i, a leading independent digital agency and a subsidiary of Innovation Interactive LLC.
- Representing Ignite Health, a leading interactive healthcare marketing agency, in its acquisition by inVentiv Health.
- Representing Manhattan Research, a premier healthcare syndicated research and advisory firm, in its acquisition by Decision Resources, a portfolio company of Providence Equity.