Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) May 20, 2013
In 2012, global semiconductor sales fell 2.7%; semiconductor equipment spending dropped by 15% to US$36.9 billion from US$43.5 billion in 2011. The semiconductor market in 2013 is also not optimistic, accompanied by the recession of the world’s emerging economies and Europe’s sluggish recovery. U.S. and Japanese markets are relatively better, while China, as the world’s largest semiconductor market, has witnessed lower-than-expected economic growth. The global economy has yet to show signs of recovery.
Global and China Advanced Packaging Industry Report, 2012-2013 covers the following:
- Global Semiconductor Industry Overview;
- IC Manufacturing Industry Overview;
- IC Downstream Industry Market Overview;
- Advanced Packaging Industry and Market;
- 23 Advanced Packaging Vendors
In spite of the overall decline in semiconductor industry, the foundry field is still growing. In 2012, the global semiconductor foundry market reached a total value of US$34.6 billion, an increase of 6.5% over 2011. With the growth slowdown of smart phones and tablet PCs, it is expected that the foundry market in 2013 will increase by just 1.6% to exceed about US$35.2 billion.
With foundries as main customers, advanced packaging vendors were therefore essentially flat or slightly enhanced in 2012, and the same is expected for 2013. The fall in price of gold, the indispensable raw material for advanced packaging vendors, especially LCD Driver IC packaging companies, will improve the profit margin of advanced packaging vendors in 2013.
Vendors located in Malaysia and Singapore all showed decline, on account of the decreasing revenue of foundries in this region. Taiwanese peers saw moderate growth except in memory package, chiefly benefiting from the strong drive of TSMC and UMC. South Korean companies were boosted by Samsung.
Among Japanese companies, J-devices experienced the highest growth, mainly owing to the back-end packaging business purchased from Fujitsu. In January, 2013, Japan’s largest semiconductor vendor – Renesas – also sold three back-end packaging factories to J-devices, which would usher in amazing growth in the coming year, with expected annual revenue in FY2013 and FY2017 outnumbering JPY100 billion and JPY250 billion, respectively.
Taiwan-based Chipbond, the world’s largest LCD Driver IC packaging vendor, will be another eye-catching performer in 2013. The significantly enhanced screen resolution of mobile phone and tablet PC will greatly raise Chipbond’s earnings, and the decline in gold prices makes it the biggest beneficiary. In order to further improve the industrial chain layout, Chipbond acquired the COF substrate vendor - SIMPAL Electronics on May 2, 2013.
In addition, Chipbond is the advanced packaging vendor (http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/247343-global-and-china-advanced-packaging-industry-report-2012-2013.html) with the highest operating margin, i.e. 16.7% in 2011 and 21.9% in 2012, but also the unique one with operating margin growth. ASE closely followed in terms of operating margin, who benefited from its large customer TSMC that produced the world’s state-of-the-art IC.
Chinese Mainland counterparts performed poorly, although JECT’s revenue saw substantial growth; Yet its operating margin fell sharply from 1.8% in 2011 to 0.2% in 2012, slipping to the edge of loss.
Buy a copy of the report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=247343.
Other Reports Packaging Industry:
Global Packaging Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Marketing Strategies in the Global Packaging Industry - Key Highlights
- An analysis of revenue growth expectations by senior level respondents reveals that 59% are ''more optimistic'' about their company's revenue growth in 2013.
- A significant percentage of packaging buyer respondents highlighted that capital expenditure towards ''new product development'', ''sustainable or green initiatives'', and ''machinery and equipment purchase'' would increase in 2013.
- The top three priorities for global packaging industry buyer respondents in 2013 are ''improve operational efficiency'', ''expand in current market'', and ''pricing management."
- A total of 36% of packaging buyer respondents and 41% of packaging supplier respondents anticipate an increase of their current workforce in 2013.
- Survey results show that respondents from the global packaging industry identified that the US, Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong, Germany, and South Korea offer the highest growth potential among developed countries in 2013-2014.
Global 3D Semiconductor Packaging Market 2012-2016 – Buy a copy of report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=231686
Market to grow at a CAGR of 58.1 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the necessity to control rising design costs. The Global 3D Semiconductor Packaging market has also been witnessing a drive toward total semiconductor packaging solutions. However, the cyclical nature of the Global Semiconductor market could pose a challenge to the growth of this market.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports library of 200,000+ reports and in-depth studies of 5000+ micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe.