Shawnee on Delaware, Pennsylvania (Vocus) July 30, 2009
Pair the adventure of skydiving or stock-car driving with home base in a relaxed setting along a gently rolling river and thrill-seeking guests will enjoy Shawnee Adventure Package vacation opportunities, available through fall at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort:
- Tandem Skydiving Package - Guests experience the thrill of freefall from 13,500 feet, with views of the Pocono Mountains, Delaware Water Gap and New York City skyline. Takeoff in nearby Stroudsburg. Rates starting at $550.00 per couple.
- Stock Car Driver Package - Just like a NASCAR practice day, guests drive a Sprint Cup style race car at the famed Pocono Raceway, experiencing the speed and cornering for a full 20 minutes. Rates starting at $1170.00 per couple.
- Stock Car Rider Package - Hop in the specially designed passenger seat of a Sprint Cup style race car for three laps around Pocono Raceway's 2.5-mile super speedway, with an expert driver behind the wheel. Rates starting at $442.00 per couple.
- Glider Pilot Package - Each guest is accompanied by an FAA-certified pilot, who can hand over the controls of the sailplane during the 20- to 25-minute ride. Catch views of the Kittatinny Mountain Ridge and (on a clear day) New York City and Philadelphia. Rates starting at $368.00 per couple.
- Helicopter Ride Package - Guests tour the Delaware Water Gap region with an FAA-certified pilot at the helm. The 30-minute ride features overviews of the Kittatinny Mountain Ridge, the Appalachian Trail, Lakota Wolf Preserve, Bushkill Falls and more. Rates starting at $566.00 per couple.
- Airplane Ride Package - Enjoy dramatic views of the Appalachian Trail, the Lakota Wolf Preserve and Bushkill Falls during the 30-minute tour with an FAA-certified pilot at the helm. On a clear day, New York City and Philadelphia are visible in the distance. Guests fly in and out of nearby Stroudsburg-Pocono Airport. Rates starting at $320.00 per couple.
Each package includes overnight accommodations at the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, as well as breakfast buffet at the River Room. Rates vary depending on the package. Package availability is based on weather conditions. For more details and reservations, please call (800) 742-9633, (570) 424-4000, or visit http://www.ShawneeInn.com.
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort is conveniently located 70 miles from New York City, 100 miles from Philadelphia, 150 miles from Albany, N.Y. and 200 miles from Washington, D.C. Three airports - Lehigh Valley International, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Newark International - all are within easy distance of the property.
About The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, rich in breathtaking views, features 80 rooms in the historic Inn, 12 rooms in the Delaware Lodge, plus six suites and two cottages in Shawnee's luxury accommodation, the Legacy Collection. Shawnee's varieties of recreational facilities make it an ideal destination for any event. Choose from Shawnee's 27-hole championship island golf course, golf lessons at the Tillinghast Golf Academy, nine-hole lighted Tillinghast Approach Course, skiing at Shawnee Mountain, mountain biking, or hiking on the scenic Appalachian Mountain trails, canoeing, rafting, fishing, kayaking, indoor pool, fitness room, tennis, professional theater, and Spa Shawnee and Salon.
Public Relations Coordinator
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
Hunter Public Relations
# # #