With these new members, we add to the experience and expertise available through the Council to help guide our association in finding the best ways for in-house counsel and outside counsel to work together.
Houston (Vocus) April 9, 2010
Lex Mundi is pleased to welcome two new members to its Client Advisory Council. The addition of these new members brings the current group of Client Advisory Council members to ten. This distinguished group of senior in-house counsel from some of the world’s leading companies provides advice and guidance in a variety of areas that enhance member firms' ability to serve their clients better and to meet the needs of in-house counsel.
The new members of the Lex Mundi Client Advisory Council are:
- John Davidson, General Counsel and Group Secretary, SABMiller plc
- Ernst Wessel, Vice President, International Business Law and Franchise Development, Office Depot
Carl Anduri, President of Lex Mundi, comments, "Our Client Advisory Council is an extremely valuable resource for Lex Mundi and its member firms. With these new members, we add to the experience and expertise available through the Council to help guide our association in finding the best ways for in-house counsel and outside counsel to work together."
John Davidson and Ernst Wessel are joining the group of current members of the Lex Mundi Client Advisory Council that includes:
- Cathie Armour, Executive Director, Investment Banking Group - Corporate Finance of Macquarie Group Limited;
- Alexandre S. D'Ambrosio, General Counsel and Managing Director of Votorantim Industrial;
- George Freeman, Vice President and Assistant General Counsel of The New York Times;
- Beat Hess, Legal Director and Member of the Group Executive Committee of Royal Dutch Shell plc;
- Joia M. Johnson, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of Hanesbrands Inc.; and
- Uzi Karniel, Secretary of the Board and Global Insurance of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Gloria Santona, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of McDonald’s Corporation; and
- Dr. Martin Wagener, General Counsel of Audi.
The two new Client Advisory Council members are replacing outgoing members whose terms expired in 2009.
The outgoing Client Advisory Council members are:
- Eduardo Arbizu, Director of Legal Affairs of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A.;
- Jeffrey J. Hurd, Senior Managing Director, Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel of AIG Investments;
- James Jenkins, Senior Vice President and General Counsel of Deere & Co.;
Complete information on the members and activities of Lex Mundi’s Client Advisory Council can be found on the Lex Mundi web site at: http://www.lexmundi.com/lexmundi/Client_Advisory_Council.asp.
Lex Mundi is the world’s leading association of independent law firms. The association has more than 160 member firms around the world, representing approximately 21,000 lawyers. Membership in Lex Mundi provides member firms with a trusted network of law firms that share similar values and a similar focus on quality through which they can access global legal resources that enable them to serve their clients better and to improve continuously all aspects of their firms. Member law firms are located throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, Asia and the Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. Through its nonprofit affiliate, the Lex Mundi Pro Bono Foundation, Lex Mundi member firms provide pro bono legal assistance to social entrepreneurs around the globe. For more information, please visit http://www.lexmundi.com and http://www.lexmundiprobono.org.