Affiliate programs are a smart way to gain maximum exposure on paid search
Pittsburgh, PA (PRWEB) January 29, 2009
The Search Monitor ("TSM"), an online monitoring service that tracks competitive advertising activity on paid and organic search, blogs, forums, news, and web sites, announces its release of a new affiliate tracking software that identifies affiliate marketers who are sponsoring paid search results pages.
This powerful new tool is the first and only way for internet marketers to gain insight into the scope, strength, and breadth of their competitor's affiliate programs. The Search Monitor is able to identify affiliates who deploy direct linking tactics and affiliates who manage and operate individual web sites.
Uses for this new tool include:
- Measurement of the reach and strength of competitors' affiliate programs on paid search.
- Identification of competitor's affiliates for potential recruitment opportunities.
"Affiliate programs are a smart way to gain maximum exposure on paid search," says Troy Lerner of The Booyah Agency. "By using affiliate programs as a tactic in our arsenal, our clients can own more page real estate on SERPs. We like the new reports from The Search Monitor because it gives us incredible insight as to where our affiliate efforts are strong and where we need to focus more time. Our clients love it because it enables them to build strength in numbers, while at the same time protecting their brands from misuse by affiliate marketers."
"We are excited to bring this information about the affiliate channel to internet advertisers and their agencies," says Lori Weiman, CEO of The Search Monitor. "We are a strong supporter of affiliate marketing as a powerful way to optimize online advertising in a controlled and deliberate way"
The Search Monitor offers important information that can only be gained by careful 24x7 automated monitoring, and surfaces the information in 3 easy to use reporting sections:
1. Competitor Monitor gives insights into competitive bidding strategies, competitor market share and visibility, ranking on sponsored search, ad copy strategies, and promotions like free shipping, trials, or sales.
2. Trademark Monitor eases the tasks associated with reputation management by auto-detecting advertisers sponsoring branded keywords, use of trademarks and slogans in ad copy and display urls, and negative, positive, and neutral brand buzz on blogs, news, and web sites.
3. Affiliate Monitor simplifies oversight of affiliate programs by auto-identification of affiliates using sponsored search to detect violations of rank requirements, keyword restrictions, ad copy requirements or restrictions, and landing page copy requirements or restrictions.
Search engine marketing has become a critical component for advertisers. According to the Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization (SEMPO), North American advertisers spent $12.2 billion on SEM in 2007 and that figure is estimated to more than double to reach $25.2 billion by 2011. The Search Monitor was developed to provide the tools necessary to optimize the sizable investments being made in this medium and to protect brands from competitive threats.
About The Search Monitor
The Search Monitor is comprised of a team of SEM enthusiasts who uncovered a need in the market for external automated monitoring of competitive activities on paid and organic search, shopping engines, web sites, blogs, social media, and press coverage. Automated monitoring is important for reputation management as it greatly reduces the number of hours and effort required to manage affiliates and competitors infringing on brands and misrepresenting products across the web. Further, automated monitoring reveals competitive marketing strategies that enable advertisers to benchmark their own performance, optimize ad budgets, detect successful ad copy combinations, and receive advance awareness of special offers like free shipping and sales dominating their verticals. The Search Monitor is offered as a web based subscription service. To learn more please visit http://www.thesearchmonitor.com.
About The Booyah Agency
Based in Colorado, The Booyah Agency is a full-service Online Marketing & Advertising team packaged in a boutique firm. Armed with a funny name, these former big-agency veterans drive strategy and deliver results more quickly and affordably than the big guys. We're experts in fundamentals and best practices with a passion for discovering the newest techniques that keep our clients ahead. Clients include Mapquest, Vitamin Shoppe, Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Gaiam, Tower Records and Little Tikes.
# # #