This latest VB 100 certificate proves that Outpost is not just a pretty face, but a powerful virus fighter. Just since March 2008 we've supplemented the product with over 250,000 malware signatures and improved the engine greatly. All this contributes to Agnitum's regular success in VirusBulletin tests
St. Petersburg, Russia (PRWEB) August 6, 2008
Internet security experts Agnitum announced today the results of the latest anti-virus tests carried out by Virus Bulletin magazine on Outpost Security Suite Pro (ver. 6.0.2296.253.0490) and 34 other personal anti-virus and security suite products running under Windows XP, SP 3. The VB 100 award is an important indicator of competency in virus and spyware detection and timely updates - crucial factors in the battle to resist evolving malicious software. By achieving 100% for its anti-virus capabilities in these tests, Outpost Security Suite Pro clearly shows once again that it is fully compliant with today's requirements for effective anti-virus protection.
According to Virus Bulletin, "the product ran smoothly and with rock-solid stability, racking up some reasonable if not superb scanning speeds, decent coverage of the trojan test set and no issues at all in the WildList or clean sets, thus easily qualifying for a VB 100 award".
The latest version of Outpost Security Suite Pro, Agnitum's all-in-one solution based on the Outpost award-winning Firewall Pro, offers:
- All-in-one anti-malware for comprehensive antivirus and antispyware defense
- A two-way firewall to safeguard connections and prevent data leakage
- Extended Host protection to protect against zero-day threats and the latest samples of sophisticated malware
- Anti-keylogger functionality to avoid registering and misusing the data entered through a keyboard
- Web control for safe surfing and blocking unwanted content
- IP Blocklist to blacklist specified Internet domains and restrict incoming and outgoing traffic from sites with bad reputations
- Self-learning anti-spam that integrates directly into Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Vista Mail and The Bat!
- Revamped interface and controls to satisfy both beginners and advanced users
- Increased performance due to the improved SmartScan technology which makes malware scans up to 10 times faster.
The time-proven architecture of Outpost Security Suite provides all-round protection - in addition to detecting viruses, spyware and adware by signatures, the product incorporates proactive protection that prevents zero-day threats and leakage of confidential data.
"This latest VB 100 certificate proves that Outpost is not just a pretty face, but a powerful virus fighter. Just since March 2008 we've supplemented the product with over 250,000 malware signatures and improved the engine greatly. All this contributes to Agnitum's regular success in VirusBulletin tests", comments Alexey Belkin, Chief Software Architect at Agnitum.
The VB100 award comes hot on the heels of another successful test carried out on July 3 and 4, 2008, when Agnitum's standalone product Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 scored 99 % in the Matousec Transparent Security (http://www.matousec.com) Firewall Challenge, beating out more than 30 competitors.
The latest editions of Outpost Firewall Pro and Outpost Security Suite Pro are available for download at http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/download.php and http://www.agnitum.com/products/security-suite/download.php respectively.
Founded in 1999, Agnitum Ltd. (http://www.agnitum.com) is committed to delivering and supporting high-quality, easy to use security software. The company's products are standalone Outpost Firewall Pro and Outpost AntiVirus Pro, securing personal and family desktops; Outpost Network Security, ensuring reliable endpoint protection and performance for small business networks; and Outpost Security Suite -- an all-in-one Internet security solution.
For more information, please contact:
Email: goryakin @ agnitum.com
Tel.: + 7-812-336-52-46, ext. 113