“Drivers want to access the same web content they get outside of their cars, but need to be able to do so safely. With the Aha Radio App, we make it easy and safe for users to be both informed and entertained." - Robert Acker, CEO of Aha Mobile
Palo Alto, CA (PRWEB) February 25, 2010
Aha Mobile Inc., a company that keeps drivers safely connected to the Web and each other, today announced its Aha Radio App for iPhone and iPod touch is available from the App Store. With Aha Radio, the things drivers want to know while driving are read aloud and organized like pre-set radio stations, letting them listen in while keeping their eyes on the road. The Aha Radio App answers drivers’ important questions, such as “what is traffic like up ahead?” and entertains them with everything from Facebook updates to their favorite podcasts.
“Drivers want to access the same web content they get outside of their cars, but need to be able to do so safely,” said Robert Acker, CEO of Aha Mobile. “With the Aha Radio App, we make it easy and safe for users to be both informed and entertained. Now, with an iPhone or iPod touch they can do things like listen to a news report, hear a personalized traffic update, or listen to a Facebook news feed, all as easily as listening to the radio.”
Aha Radio is simple to customize. Users select their preferred audio stations from choices including “Nearby Traffic”, “Hungry”, “Facebook”, top podcasts, Twitter lists, or even “Jokes”. User can adjust the settings to get just the information they care about and arrange the stations in any order. After setup, getting questions answered while driving is as easy as tapping on a pre-set radio station icon. Examples of Aha Radio App stations include:
- Nearby Traffic: gives an instant traffic report based on current location. Aha creates this report using data from best-in-class third party traffic providers like Inrix and Clear Channel, and from voice notes left by other drivers nearby. Drivers can tap the microphone icon to share a 15-second “Shout” about the road they’re on to help other drivers nearby.
- My Traffic: during first-time set up, drivers use Settings to tell Aha Radio which roads they care about, such as the daily commute. Simply tap on the My Traffic icon to get an instant traffic report on those specific roads.
- Facebook: tap the Facebook station and Aha Radio reads friend's status updates. Users can even post an Aha voice note to their wall for friends to hear.
- Community Stations: bored in traffic? Users can tune into the “Caraoke” station to hear fellow drivers sing along to the radio, then tap the mic to leave their own song clip for the whole world to hear. Or, tune into the “Jokes,” “Rants,” or other community stations for a laugh.
- Twitter Lists: keep track of what sports stars, celebrities or friends are tweeting by selecting their Twitter station in Aha to hear the latest.
- Hungry: use the “Hungry” channel to locate nearby restaurants. The Aha Radio App pre-filters results based on user preferences, prioritizes them based on proximity and describes their location. Tap the phone or map icon to put in a call or get a route.
- Podcasts: the app gives users one-touch access to the current version of popular podcasts so drivers can get instant access.
The Aha App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at http://www.itunes.com/appstore/
For more information about Aha please visit http://www.ahamobile.com
Images and Product Demo Video
About Aha Mobile, Inc.
Aha Mobile Inc. has developed a backend platform that safely connects drivers to the Web and each other with personalized, interactive radio stations. The Aha platform takes the information you care about from the web and other drivers, filters it based on your location and preferences, then converts it into audio stations so you can simply listen in as you drive. Aha also lets you record and share 15-second geo-tagged comments for other drivers. With Aha, drivers access the information they need audibly, rather than visually, and keep their eyes on the road. The company is also working with multiple consumer electronic and automotive manufacturers to integrate Aha stations into their products and provide an even more integrated automotive experience.
Founded in 2008 and based in Palo Alto, CA, Aha is backed by Venrock and led by a team of executives with nearly four decades of experience developing automotive, consumer, and location-based services applications.
Hillary Houser Murphy
Phone: (415) 309-5061