San Antonio, TX (PRWEB) February 28, 2013
Redeeming and keeping up with current tax credits can be confusing. Air Care wants to make sure all of their customers who qualify are taking advantage of a retroactive reinstatement of the 25C Residential Energy Tax Credit. The expiration date has now moved to Dec. 31, 2013. As San Antonio’s number one Trane Dealer, Air Care has the experience and knowledge to walk customers through the guidelines.
The following are the regulations and requirements necessary to redeem this Residential Energy Efficiency Tax Credit:
- An eligible taxpayer (homeowner) may claim a tax credit for up to 10% (up to $500)
- A homeowner may qualify for tax credits equal to 10% of the costs (up to a $300 limit) for installing a high efficiency central air conditioner, heat pump, or hot water heater.
- A homeowner may also qualify for tax credit equal to 10% of the costs (up to $150 limit) for installing a qualified furnace or hot water boiler.
- A smaller tax credit of 10% of the installed costs (up to $50 limit) is available for installing a system with an advanced main air circulating fan.
- A split system central air conditioner must meet or exceed 16 SEER and 13 EER
- A package system central air conditioner must meet or exceed 14 SEER and 12 EER.
- An air source heat pump must meet or exceed 15 SEER and 12.5 EER and 8.5 HSPF, in order to qualify for the tax credit.
- Package heat pump systems must meet or exceed 14 SEET and 12 SEER and 8 HSPF.
- Natural gas furnaces, propane furnaces, natural gas hot water boilers, propane hot water boilers, oil furnaces, and oil hot water boilers all must meet or exceed 95% AFUE.
- There is a lifetime residential energy tax credit limit set at $500, going back to January 1, 2005.
Air Care welcomes customers to ask questions regarding their qualification status. Customers can contact them at 210-495-3555. For more information from the U.S. Department of Energy and the 25C Energy Efficiency Tax Credit, please visit http://www.dsireusa.org/incentives/incentive.cfm?Incentive_Code=US43F.
About the Company:
Licensed and insured we have been providing quality service for over three decades. San Antonio and Canyon Lake residents can expect personalized and efficient heating and air conditioning repair service at all times. From getting your home winter ready to preparing you for Texas summer heat, Air Care is the only choice when it comes to your comfort all year long. Please visit their website at http://www.aircare-sa.com for more information about AC installation, air conditioning systems, and heating repair.