"The safety features of our Green Solution Hood will put every Environmental Health and Safety employee at ease." Don Nelson, President and CEO of Air Master Systems Corp.
Muskegon, MI (PRWEB) April 22, 2010
The Green Solution Fume Hood (patent pending) available through Air Master Systems Corporation (http://www.airmastersystems.com ) operates using 4% of the energy required by standard exhaust fume hoods. Estimated to cut energy costs by 96% and reduce operating cost by 70%, the Solution Hood is ecologically friendly, saves energy, resources and money.
Fume hoods used in laboratory settings are designed to exhaust or filter out toxic and hazardous fumes, particulates, and gases. They are essential for laboratories in many markets including research and development, education, life science, industrial, and medical research. Until now, their use and installation has been costly and cumbersome.
A single traditional fume hood requires as much energy in one year as three average households. Operating on only 4% of that energy, the Solution Hood has proved to provide such substantial energy savings that electrical utility companies in some areas have offered to subsidize some of the initial costs of equipment and installation for the Green Solution Hood from Air Master Systems.
It is estimated that the United States government directly or indirectly operates approximately 300,000 of the 750,000 fume hoods currently in use in the US. Replacing these hoods with Solution Fume Hoods by Air Master Systems Corp. could save the US government over 2.65 billion dollars per year in energy costs alone.
“The safety features of our Green Solution Hood will put every Environmental Health and Safety employee at ease," said Don Nelson, President and CEO of Air Master Systems Corporation.
Using the Neutrodine filtration system by Erlab, the Solution Hood adsorbs approximately 98% of commonly used chemicals. The remaining 2% are either non-toxic or used by less than 0.1% of laboratories.
The Solution Hood is capable of filtering liquids, solids, acids, bases, solvents and powders (with the addition of a HEPA module) together or individually under a single hood, automatically. No interaction is required from the operator such as changing filters for different families of chemicals or programming special instructions. Furthermore, no special ductwork, controls or dampers are required, saving clients’ initial construction costs.
Safety features of the Solution Hood include a back up safety filter system, and several sensors that monitor the filter condition, ambient air quality, temperature, position of the sash, and usage time data.
Additionally, each hood contains a gGuard communications system. GGuard is an onboard computer with embedded Microsoft technology that allows remote monitoring and control via network to a PC, PDA or cell phone.
DID YOU SAY “DUCTLESS”?
The Solution Hood allows flexibility and independence previously unheard of in traditional fume hoods. Because the hood requires no ductwork or additional air supply the hood installs virtually anywhere. As the laboratory changes or evolves, the Solution Hood can change with it. It is easy to move because there is no rerouting ductwork or expensive heating, ventilation and cooling (HVAC) work. This results in untold savings in building costs.
“Architects are especially enthused by the advantages of the Solution Hood. Using the Solution Hood in the design will provide the client a smaller building plan which means fewer building materials, lower cost to build, and less expensive ongoing operating costs,” added Nelson.
Air Master Systems has set up two locations to provide training on the Solution Hood: Muskegon, MI and Boston, MA. To learn more or to attend one of the training sessions visit the Air Master Systems website at http://www.airmastersystems.com .
About AMS Corp.:
Air Master Systems Corporation in Muskegon, Michigan has been manufacturing chemical fume hoods, canopy hoods, portable hoods and stainless steel work surfaces of all shapes and sizes for the industrial, research and development, clinical healthcare and educational markets since 1975. All manufacturing and distribution is handled from their facility, located in Muskegon, Michigan with sales offices throughout the United States.
The Neutrodine filtration system is the result of 45 years of research and development pioneered by Erlab industries. Air Master Systems Corporation is proud to partner with Erlab and offer the Neutrodine system in the US.
For more information contact:
Darryl Coenen, Marketing and Sales for Air Master Systems Corp