I come every year. I really integrate a lot. I combine handbrush, airbrush and digital techniques. Power Portraits shows me tricks I can do with an airbrush that I can’t do with any other tool!
Allenwood, NJ (PRWEB) August 23, 2012
The economic downturn has forced many to take on second jobs and find multiple sources of income in order to stay afloat and pay the mortgage. What if there was a way to create a new career…channel creative energy, have fun AND make money…all in just four to five days? The answer is in Las Vegas at the annual Airbrush Getaway, produced by Airbrush Action Magazine. The Getaway will guide complete novices and seasoned professionals through the creative process to becoming a talented artist earning thousands of dollars.
Celebrating its 24th anniversary, the Airbrush Getaway will be staged at the new Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel at 3801 Las Vegas Boulevard S., Las Vegas, NV from Monday, October 8, through Friday, October 12.
According to Airbrush Action publisher Cliff Stieglitz, the internationally esteemed Airbrush Getaway is ideal for artists and non-artists seeking to learn new skills or take their art to professional levels. “Students come away learning how to make thousands of extra dollars airbrushing, and many claim that what they learn in four or five days at the Airbrush Getaway would take years to learn on their own,” Stieglitz explained. “It’s the world’s finest and largest airbrush workshop program. Our seminars have attracted students from corporations as diverse as AT&T, Boeing, Texas Instruments, Ball Aerospace, Hallmark and many others, as well as freelancers, small business owners and students of all skill levels.”
Airbrush Getaway courses include
- Introduction to Airbrushing - Explore the different types of airbrushes, maintenance, air sources, safety issues, painting surfaces, preparation, and airbrush media.
- Airbrush Mastery – Learn how to airbrush onto any surface with complete confidence, and drastically increase profits in all airbrush applications, including automotive custom painting, T-shirt airbrushing, illustration, fine art, hobby uses, body art, and more.
- Achieving Photorealism - Dru Blair’s groundbreaking and highly intensive course reveals the secrets of painting photorealistic fire, ice, metal, water, glass, fur, flesh tones, and many other subjects that often challenge artists.
- Power Portraits - Rare opportunity to learn from Javier Soto, who will share his techniques and approach to rendering photo-realistic portraits with astonishing results
- Airbrush Tattoos - Learn how to make great money airbrushing tattoos, how to render high-end, expensive looking designs that are simple to airbrush, airbrush basics, prep and aftercare of airbrushed tattoos, pricing guidelines, marketing, running an airbrush tattoo business, the best supplies and equipment, and more.
- Ultimate Airbrush Techniques and Effects- Learn 30+ amazing airbrush special effects and more than 50 top pro tips and tricks by the legendary artist Terry Hill. After taking this new class, you’ll be able to airbrush onto virtually any surface and/or application, including cars, trucks, helmets, T-shirts, wall murals, faux finishing, model/hobby, illustration, fine art, and tons more.
- Many more courses are being offered, for a complete listing, visit http://airbrushaction.com/airbrush-getaway-workshops/vegas-october-8-12-2012.
All equipment and supplies provided in class. For discounted room reservations, call 800-634-4000 and mention “Airbrush Getaway Workshop, group code SAIR10.” A one-day T-shirt Lettering Boot Camp will be held on Monday, October 8. For more information, call 800-876-2472 (international callers: 732-223-7878), or visit http://www.airbrushaction.com.
Reviews for Airbrush Getaway:
“I come every year. I really integrate a lot. I combine handbrush, airbrush and digital techniques. Power Portraits shows me tricks I can do with an airbrush that I can’t do with any other tool.” —Power Portraits student and artist Daniel Bieda
“It makes me realize how far we can go. I’m going home, tearing down my bike, and redoing it.” —Plotter student Quincy Russell of Cenla Customs
About Airbrush Action Magazine:
Founded by Cliff Stieglitz in 1985, Airbrush Action is the longest publishing airbrush magazine in history. Distributed internationally through Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, 7-11, all military branches, and many other mainstream outlets, Airbrush Action is edited for airbrush enthusiasts and art professionals. It covers all popular applications of airbrushing, including body art, automotive custom painting, T-shirt airbrushing, tattoo art, pin-up art, hobby/model uses, illustration, fine art, and more. For more information, visit http://www.airbrushaction.com.
*Airbrush Action publisher CEO Cliff Stieglitz is available for interview as well as all artists involved with Airbrush Getaway.
For interview opportunities and media requests, please contact Bridget Dean at 540.842.7776 or bridgetdeanpr(at)gmail(dot)com.