We wanted to take the guesswork out of what we have to offer at our award-winning virtual campus and show how our online learning technology really differentiates AIU. Now prospective students can experience the benefits of an AIU Online education in a way we weren't able to communicate in words or pictures before.
Hoffman Estates, IL (Vocus) September 15, 2009
Many students researching prospective colleges schedule a campus visit. But for those seeking a degree online, campus visits typically have consisted of a video with computer screen shots and a voiceover--until now, that is. American InterContinental University (AIU) has announced the launch of a unique marketing tool for the online education industry: an animated microsite that uses state-of-the-art software to provide an interactive, 360-degree tour of the award-winning AIU Virtual Campus.
The online education industry has experienced rapid growth in recent years, with almost 11 percent of college students in 2008 enrolled online and growth of such enrollment projected to reach 18 percent by 2013, according to the Eduventures Online Higher Education Learning Collaborative. In fact, 83 percent of the AIU student population is at AIU Online, as of July 31, 2009.
"As more universities offer degrees online, it's hard to tell what kind of experience you'll get as a student before you enroll," said Debbie McKean, director of marketing for American InterContinental University. " We wanted to take the guesswork out of what we have to offer at our award-winning virtual campus and show how our online learning technology really differentiates AIU. Now prospective students can experience the benefits of an AIU Online education in a way we weren't able to communicate in words or pictures before."
The virtual tour allows prospective students to explore the features, flexibility and benefits of an AIU Online education. Visitors can "walk" the AIU Virtual Campus (VC) as imagery of a traditional brick and mortar university wraps around them. They can visit different buildings on campus, such as Financial Aid and the Library, while exploring a variety of interactive features, including:
- The virtual overview. Prospective students are introduced to the site through a video that shows why students choose AIU and what the schools have to offer busy, career-focused students.
- The virtual classroom. The AIU VC uses the latest education technology to cater to different learning styles. In the virtual classroom prospective students can view a lesson in homeland security and choose from a wide variety of learning options to better understand concepts being taught.
- The virtual commons. In the AIU virtual commons users view videos of recent graduates who provide insight into their experience with the VC and the benefits of online education. The commons also show opportunities for students to connect through networking, clubs and social networking sites such as Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
- The virtual resources. Prospective students can see financial aid, career services and tech support options at the AIU VC.
- Chat live. While students are exploring the features of the AIU VC, a university representative is available to answer questions and provide support in real time.
The site was created by StudioNorth, a Chicago-based integrated brand communications firm. StudioNorth used state-of-the-art software programs including Adobe Flex and Microsoft .NET technologies to create the site. This site is the first in the online education industry; however, innovators in other fields such as healthcare are using this technology with great success.
To visit the interactive tour of the AIU Virtual Campus, please visit: http://www.aiuvirtualtour.com
About American InterContinental University
Founded in Europe in 1970, American InterContinental University (AIU) offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degrees in programs such as business, IT, criminal justice and fashion design at U.S. campuses in Atlanta, Los Angeles, Houston, Weston, Fla.; an international campus in London; and an internet-based online campus headquartered in suburban Chicago. The award-winning AIU Online Virtual Campus was recognized as "Best of the Best" in the 2009 Computerworld Honors Program. For more info visit http://www.aiuniv.edu or http://www.aiuonline.edu.
AIU is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. For more info visit http://www.ncahigherlearningcommission.org or call 312-263-0456. AIU is also a member of the Career Education Corporation (NASDAQ:CECO) network of universities, colleges and schools. For more information visit http://www.careered.com. AIU does not guarantee employment or salary.