We are extremely honored to be announcing the re-launch of the GoAntiques platform as we maintain our devotion to enabling the antique and collectible industry.
Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) May 09, 2012
WorthPoint Corporation, the world’s largest resource for researching, valuing and buying/selling art, antiques and vintage collectibles, today announced the re-launch of a new and improved GoAntiques™ marketplace. GoAntiques is the quintessential virtual trading network for the antiques and collectibles industry, making it the consummate destination for both sellers and buyers.
“Prior to overhauling the marketplace, we polled our respected GoAntiques’ sellers about potential new features that would help them to be even more successful,” said Will Seippel, WorthPoint founder and CEO. “The majority of shops requested the same features: affordable subscriptions, no extra fees, easy implementation, and new sales channels. We are extremely honored to be announcing the re-launch of the GoAntiques platform as we maintain our devotion to enabling the antique and collectible industry.”
The new GoAntiques includes all of the features and benefits that sellers and buyers have come to appreciate, as well as these new ones:
- Expanded distribution network: Antique shops have new distribution options for their inventory through a growing list of partner sites, such as Shopping.com, Shopzilla.com and Google Product Search.
- Three tier pricing plan: Flexible pricing is available for shops of all sizes, from those just getting started to veterans of the antique trade. Each tier is priced month-to-month and includes discounts for annual purchases. Pricing begins at $24.99/month.
- No contracts: A monthly membership fee is the only obligation. And, as always, sellers pay no commission, final-value fees or per-item fees.
- WorthPoint Shopping Assistant: Available on WorthPoint, the Shopping Assistant displays sellers’ wares to people searching for items similar to theirs, giving shops free and extensive exposure of their inventory.
- Bulk inventory system: New management tools let sellers update inventory in bulk (shipping options, discounts, best offer, etc.) quickly and easily.
- Bonus Features: Comprehensive “best offer” functionality. New and improved shopping cart with automatic payment. Ability to upload up to 8 images per item.
- Free subscriptions to WorthPoint® and MarksandLibrary.com: All sellers get a complimentary subscription to the ultimate information resource for art, antiques and collectibles, including access to the world’s largest price guide — Worthopedia®. In addition, Power level members will get a complimentary subscription to MarksandLibrary.com with over 50,000 makers’ marks and 300 book titles.
Laura Trueman, owner of Truetiques, has been selling antiques and collectibles online for more than 15 years. She had an early look at the new GoAntiques and said, “This is by far the best online network for antique and collectible shops. Sellers on GoAntiques are sharp, savvy and operate as a community. When you combine their collective expertise with GoAntiques’ new traffic-building features, sellers’ sales will skyrocket.”
The WorthPoint Corporation suite of offerings consists of WorthPoint.com, an online resource for researching and valuing antiques, art and collectibles; MarksandLibrary.com, an online resource for investigating makers’ marks as well as accessing a library of virtual books from leading publishers on a wide range of collecting topics; and GoAntiques.com, the leading online marketplace for buying and selling antiques, art and vintage collectibles.
Founded in 2007, WorthPoint Corporation is an international, online information and media company that has quickly become the world’s largest resource for researching art, antiques and collectibles. The company’s core feature is Worthopedia® — a vast database of sales records and images for 100+ million items that have been aggregated from eBay, virtual marketplaces and leading auction houses. In 2012, WorthPoint was named to the OnDemand 100 Top Private Companies List in the On-Demand Software category and it won the About.com 2012 Readers Choice Award - deemed the Best Resource for Collectors! In 2011, WorthPoint Corporation was named one of the top 100 private technology companies in the mid-Atlantic region on the Venture Summit Mid-Atlantic list. The company has offices in Atlanta, Ga. and Dublin, Ohio.