Norwalk, CT (PRWEB) July 24, 2007
AP9 HomeWorks Plus, a leading membership discount program from Adaptive Marketing LLC, gives its members tricks and tips on how to keep houseplants healthy and happy. It doesn't take a green thumb to keep plants flourishing, but it does take patience and common sense.
AP9 HomeWorksPlus reminds members that although every plant is slightly different, following some general rules of thumb -- not necessarily green ones -- can lead to great-looking plants. AP9 HomeWorks Plus suggests the following tips for keeping indoor plants strong, healthy and thriving:
- Reverse the rot. Most plants need a lot of moisture, so it's a good idea to set the plant in a dish of water periodically. This way, it can take water up through the soil and roots. This is most important to prevent rotting in the leaves and stems.
- Less is more. Don't over-water. Most plants need time to dry out between waterings. Just think of it as moderation for a plant.
- There's no place like home. When possible, create an environment for a plant that most closely mirrors its conditions in the wild. And when it comes to simulating that environment, be sure to ask a florist or horticulture specialist for specific plant care needs. Almost every plant is different, and simple trial-and-error may lead to frustration. In short, ask the pros. They know.
- Feed 'em and reap. Make sure to give plants the correct plant food. For many plants, watering is just not enough. They need the right combination of both. Just like people, the best-looking and healthiest plants usually have the best-balanced diets.
- Super-size it. Keeping certain plants more potbound (actually a little too big for their pots) might actually make for better flowering. Additionally, pinching the tips of the plant can foster more growth, making them grow bushier and fuller.
AP9 HomeWorksPlus offers these tips so that indoor plants might brighten up a dreary winter day, accentuate the perfect spring morning, provide some hope for a dried-out summer lawn -- even complement a predominantly rust-colored fall landscape with a splash of brighter colors. Celebrating all the seasons with flowering houseplants is easy -- with a little help from AP9 HomeWorks Plus.
About AP9 HomeWorks Plus
AP9 HomeWorksPlus is a leading membership discount program offered by Adaptive Marketing LLC. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Adaptive Marketing is a category leader in membership programs, bringing value direct to consumers through an array of benefits in healthcare, discounts, security, personal property and personals. Members may access their benefits at HomeWorksPlus123.com. With broad online and offline distribution capabilities, Adaptive Marketing offers its corporate client partners effective tools to enhance market presence, strengthen customer affinity and generate additional value through programs such as AP9 HomeWorks Plus.