Norwalk, Conn. (PRWEB) October 17, 2006
Cooler temperatures, wind and moisture can wreak havoc on skin. Adjusting skin care regimens for each season, however, is what protects skin from harsh elements and determines overall health for the long term. AP9 Shopping Essentials, a membership program offered by Adaptive Marketing LLC, recommends simple preventative steps to take to help skin survive the cooler months.
AP9 ShoppingEssentials members have access to savings of up to 20% at popular retailers when they log on to DealPass.com. They can receive discounts on beauty and personal care items, apparel and fashion accessories, sporting goods, books and movies and so much more to help members look and feel their very best all year long.
AP9 ShoppingEssentials shares these skin care tips that will refresh and protect faces for fall.
- Hydration is key during cooler, drier months like fall and winter. Drinking water will help combat dryness as well as help skin cleanse itself and eliminate toxins.
- Plenty of sleep keeps dark circles away and allows skin to heal itself.
- Sunscreen should still be applied. Sun exposure causes long-term effects and promotes aging no matter the season.
- Fall is a good time to make the switch from lotion-based products to cream-based products. The thicker consistency will provide a protective barrier against harsher weather. A skin care professional will be able to make a specific recommendation for sensitive or acne-prone skin types.
- Chapped lips are inevitable whenever the temperature drops. Use a lip balm to prevent chapping as early in the season as possible. If lips are already dry, use a lip gel to soften and then a balm to maintain them. Avoid lip products with petroleum ingredients, as it tends to dry lips and make them worse.
- Vitamin A treatments have a drying effect on skin, which is acceptable during warmer seasons. They may be too harsh when combined with cooler temperatures so consider using them less frequently.
- Exfoliation is key for removing sun-damaged skin and preparing it for any moisturizing treatment that follows.
- Take those vitamins. Colds and the flu are enemies of skin, too, so boost that immune system with extra Vitamin C.
- Hands take a beating in fall and winter so don’t forget to moisturize them, especially after washing.
These skin care tips were brought to you by AP9 Shopping Essentials.
About AP9 Shopping Essentials
AP9 Shopping Essentials is a leading membership discount program offered by Adaptive Marketing LLC. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Adaptive Marketing is a category leader in both membership and loyalty programs, bringing value direct to consumers through an array of benefits in healthcare, discounts, security, personal property and personals. Members may access their benefits at DealPass.com, an online portal for Adaptive Marketing membership programs. With broad online and offline distribution capabilities, Adaptive Marketing offers its corporate client partners effective tools to enhance market presence, strengthen customer affinity and generate additional value through programs, such as AP9 ShoppingEssentials.